1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Knapp .22 Mag???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I watched a program that featured Tom Knapp doing some exhibition shooting with a semi auto .22 Mag. It looked like a really cool gun, but I can't seem to find exactly what type of gun it was. I did a Google and came up with CZ, but it doesn't look like any CZ that I've seen or that's in their catalog.

Anyone know??

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Can someone please explain to me how a human can throw a little white aspirin into the air, mount the gun and shoot the pill with a freakin' .22 as it's dropping down to earth. AND he's not young either!

Seen Tom a few times in person and always enjoyed the show.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It was a BRNO 611. I thought it was cool too until I tried to find one - kind of a rare item and I think they are out of production.

Tom might have used this particular gun because of its stock design - a lot more drop than you usually see on a .22 rifle.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Joe,

Are you sure it wasn't a CZ Model 511 in .22 Mag. I believe i saw him on Shooting USA or Impossible Shots shooting a semi-auto CZ 511. He has also been shooting a CZ 712 Shotgun. I believe i read or heard on that show where he has joined CZ-USA.

Matt

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tron, email Tom, he'll answer your questions.

Hap

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I think it was a HK 300 but I could be wrong haven't seen that show in awhile. I know the HK is accurate because I owned one.

1276102794.jpg

or was it the CZ 511

[​IMG]

or maybe the CZ's cousin the BRNO ZKM611

[​IMG]

7. Tron

Hap, I would but I trolled him pretty hard a few years back on another forum and gut hooked him in a bad way. I don't think he ever really recovered.

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've got my fingers crossed that my presentation will please the great Tron and maybe I'll be considered for one of the openings he has on his buddy list. I know I know probably aspiring too high.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

SBE,

You sure put your report together nicely. You had all the pics in order with model numbers and all. Nice presentation. LOL

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Gut hooked him huh? :) Some guys are sorta like an elephant, they never forget, s'pscily when it was a deep set hook! Ya shoulda set the hook a lil quicker and practice hook n release more Tron? LOL

Hap

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I bet my cousin that I could shoot a .22 at a axe head, split then bullet and break a baloon on either side of, it. I did it repeatedly and he couldn't do it once! He made every excuse and finally stormed of quite angry.

I was loading the gun and used shot shot shells when I shot and solid bullets when he did. He never caught on and I never told him - I was afraid to!

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Hahahahaha that's great!!!

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Thats a hoot.......ya old dog

14. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

birdogs, thats the way they shoot the aspirin tablets out of the air too. The game was previously referred to as trick shooting, but now its called exhibition shooting. It all is just mostly a play on the eyes and mind. They are good shots tho, not taking that away from em.

GneJ

15. Tron

Hippie, that's the bait that I was using on Ol' Tom and he damn near spooled my reel (needed to pour cold water on it). Then, I used the "you use a .22 mag because it's supersonic and the shock wave destroyed the aspirin" lure and when he bit on that one, I landed him.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wanted an HK 300, but skipped it when I found no one was making an American style stock for them. I detest the Euro-peon swooped comb stocks.

As for exhibition shooting... click the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brno 511 magazine

cz 511 22 magnum
h&k 22 mag
hk300 22 magnum

tom knapp 22 magnum

tom knapp 22 magnum rifle
tom knapp 22 rifle
tom knapp cz 22 rifle