1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Hoppe, A Good Guy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bazooka Joe, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Lately alot of people have been all over Tom for some of his comments, but what you don't hear about is his generosity. Tom spent all day at a youth shoot in Burlington Wisconsin making ear plugs at his cost so they could all have decent hearing protection.

This not the first time he has done this either. It's been done a couple times at our state shoot as well as others.

Rick

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rick. He ripped everyone else.

3. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Tom is a good guy and has always been generous guy with family, friends, kids and trapshooting in general. He has his own opinion on the homeground issue and has the right to state it. It seems like so many of these so called conservative shooters seem not so conservative when it cmes to free speech. Many see ok with censoring peoples comments on the homeground issue. I bet they are the same SOB's who were screaming about 2nd Amendment rights a few weeks ago?

Rick

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I like Tom, and I have only positive things to say about him. He worked hard and made himself into a very competitive shooter. I respect that.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont know Tom and am sure he is a great guy but

So just wondering reading this-= not about Tom but about his true "cost" on molded ear plugs

A few pennies?

Plus they arent good hearing protection- particurally with kids- w

hy not just give them foam plugs and muffs and insure their hearing

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Gene, foam plugs and ear muffs should be taken care of by the shooters parents..don't you think?

Rick

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick I agree but to give kids an inferior product that is going to end up costing them their hearing--- that is the problem

The kids dont know any better and neither do the parents- they count on an "expert" in hearing matters like Tom

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Well this thread went from what type of a guy Tom is to Gene being a hearing protection expert. Terry

9. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Gene so you believe all molded earplugs are junk? You just insulted all the ear plug makers, nice job.

Rick

10. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I have to call BS on this one. I have been using molded plugs for 13 years and my hearing is great. How do I know? I get a mandatory hearing test every year at work, my hearing has stayed the same every year. I also went to an ENT and got a thorough hearing test, she said it was perfect. Sorry, but molded plugs work great IMO. Steve Wolf

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Work good as long as they fit, but kids are growing every day, ears change like everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tom hoppe wisconsin