1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Hanks' Father: Not true.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their super hit "Little Darlin ' ". For you that are too young to remember - it was a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves, respecting their fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood. They did not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible lyrics or trash the set.
    In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin ". 47 years later, they were requested to perform at Atlantic City ... This link leads to both performances.
    Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later.

Tom Hanks father is much better looking than Tom, and even better looking with age. In the linked videos Tom Hank's father is the lead singer on the left. He still has it! Hope you enjoy. 2 Performances 47 years apart are attached to the link.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oi6ATJRre88?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hmT1-jEmK74?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

That's terrific! Really!

But by the way, that's not Tom Hanks on the piano nor is that fine gentleman singing lead his father:

"Nice story, but completely false. Tom Hanks' father was never a singer, let alone a member of The Diamonds, a Canadian vocal group famous in the late fifties and early sixties for such Top 40 hits as "Little Darlin'" and "The Stroll."

The Diamonds' original lead singer was Dave Somerville, a native of Ontario, Canada with no known familial connection to Mr. Hanks. He's alive and well, and still performing as "Diamond Dave Somerville." (The other original members were Ted Kowalski, Phil Levitt, and Bill Reed, none of whom fathered Tom Hanks.)"

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That we know!

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

That is really great!! I enjoyed it. John

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That was a great time to be alive. Crazy how things have changed. That was neat music, and fun to be a teenager. It is amazing how there was always things that where fun to do back then. Now kids are bored because all they ever do is text all day! I was lucky enough to see the dance halls and go there before they where torn down. Though I was not born yet in the fifties, I still loved the music and would go to those halls and listen to bands that dressed and played that music when I was in my late teens and early twenties. It was a blast dancing on the wooden plank flooring. Very cool! The early sixties was just as good.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I don't care if its Hanks Father or not. I just like the oldies. Here's on for you. See you later aligator, Bulge.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W0bidd0Uhvk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gary, you are right. Look at the B. Haley video. Look at how the band dressed, Look at how the kids dressed. I liked the times back then a lot better. America sure has changed and not for the better. People were more civil. For more Bill Haley click on the link. Bulge.

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

More proof that you can't believe internet information. Actually, the Diamonds were composed of (from left to right): Ronald Reagan's brother; Vladimir Putin's second-cousin, twice removed; Justin Bieber's grandfather; and Roy Roger's trans-gender sister, Irene.

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If you can't trust "The Lit" who can you trust?

At least he knew who they were.

Hauxfan!

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I'll tell you Lit you are one really informed SOB. Man I am impressed. LOL. Bulge.

11. mark54

mark54 Member

Tom Hanks' Father:

I saw Bill Haley & the Comets, live in Ephrata, Pa in 1954.

Mark54 in Lititz

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

How did you discover Roy Rodger's sister was trans-gender???

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

How do you think? The Lit. tried to date her/him (Shim). Bulge.

14. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Barrelbulge, what do you mean, "Lit tried to date her".

I'm guessing he did! lol

Hauxfan!

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Haux, here I am trying to polite and have to push the issue. Of course Lit. dated the shim. Bulge.

16. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Well Bulge, remember that Hauxfan is the biggest horn-dog on ts.com. Knot holes and donuts get him excited. Now as he approaches his 90th birthday, he recently went through a number of girls...until the Acme Blow Up Doll Company got tired of honoring their warranty after the 17th time he sent one back for repairs. :)

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Lit. that was too much. My eyes are still watering. That was funny. I have stock in that ACME company. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
is tom hanks father one of the diamonds

tom hanks father - very cool

tom hanks father as singer

tom hanks father lead singer of the diamonds

tom hanks father singer
tom hanks father singer with the diamonds
tom hanks father singing
was tom hanks father one of the diamonds