1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Frye/Ad Toepperwein research

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tim doing research, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim doing research

Tim doing research TS Member

I am conducting research on a pair of exhibition shooters from between 50 to 125
    years ago. In particular, my work focuses on Mr. Frye's endurance shoot in 1959
    near Reno when he shot at 100,010 wooden blocks tossed into the air, and Mr.
    Toepperwein's reaction to it.

I have been lucky to find old newspaper articles, magazine articles, photos and
    even a few relatives of both men. This project has picked up a lot of steam since
    the summer when I first started. I have written a lengthy article that I am
    hopeful will be picked up by a magazine in 2010. But I continue to look for
    in-depth information (first-hand conversations, letters, photos, documents)
    beyond what can be obtained through the Internet.

I am enjoying my discovery of what appears to me to be the "Golden Age" of the
    target-shooting sports. I look forward to learning -- and reporting -- more
    about it. I look forward to hearing from you.

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

[​IMG]

Tom did this 6/10/1978 at jaqua's gun club. It was with a nylon 22 at about 20 feet. Plain paper with the aluminum between the sandwich of paper. No outlines or marks on the paper. It is signed and probably worth a million dollars no. I love it and have the pictures of when he did it. Motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ad toepperwein gun
the toepperwein exhibition shooters

tom frye shooter