1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ford ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Herbert, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

Tom - I just heard a rumor that you have resigned from your State Assoc. post.

If true, thanks for your years of service to your state and the ATA. Will always remember you at the last Grand in Vandalia!!........Herb

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

If he did resign, which would be a loss, was it to become a professional singer??

Ed Yanchok

3. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Noticed he was absent form all the PA shoots and the Grand. Heard he had plane problems during the EZ shoot in NY. Heard a rumor it was in protest to an ATA issue, but don't know for sure. Hopefuuly he'll fill us in, he was missed I'm sure.
    Ed, his singing wasn't that bad! I did consider having a moment of silence in honor of him not singing the nite I announced the shoot offs, while he attended the Delegate meeting. Thought better of it, as some might not have appreciated the humor in it.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I meet Tom many moons ago he flew into Murray KY and I guess you have heard the saying Have gun will travel well he had the gun along with some of them purfumed paper federals.

He would call another member to see if the club was open to shoot at and if the other member was tied up then the member called me I don't know if he was a delegate back then or not I doubt it if he was he never said.

All I have to say is Tom is at the top on my list that I would bend over backwards for.

I went to the grand maybe a year later and he told me how to find him in the camp grounds and he stood out like a sore thumb with his markings.

I think he must have been a half Redneck but I liked it.

Im sure someone will find faults with anyone but from my personal experiences with MR Ford they have always been Great.

Tom if you was to read this then email me I was wondering if you still fly into my area now days.

I had been away for awhile but moved back about 4 years ago.

RO-HO
    with ole white lighting as you remember me by

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. TKF

TKF TS Member

Gents - while killing time on the road, I happened to notice this thread. Although it won't be official until the CTA organizational meeting (10-30), I have decided to resign as delegate and State Secretary. Ron Fine will take over as Connecticut delegate - a new secretary will be elected at our meeting.

Although my decision is a personal one, it had nothing to do with any ATA or Connecticut issues. When I looked back over my shoulder at what I tried to accomplish in my 15 years as delegate and measured the results, suffice to say I was thoroughly disappointed.

Renee & I will leave the guns well oiled probably for quite some time. The only real loss will be the absence of a long, long line of friends,

RO-HO - trips into CEY were curtailed for some time do to the stike at our plant and should soon return to normal. I'll e-mail you from home when I return from my current trip.

Best to all,

TK

7. Gams

Gams TS Member

hey tom, its been great having you represent us as our delegate and you will be missed. Id like to thank you personally for all the things you have done for me and my father over the years and hope to still see you around especially since me and my pops are getting back into shooting trap full swing. I wish you and Renee the best of luck.

J.D. Gams

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom, Im sure the state of connecticut members will miss you. Youve done a great service for all ATA shooters nation wide. Dave Bishop

9. zinger

zinger Member

Tom, please don't wander too far away...we'll miss you, Renee and Angus! Kim & Bruce

10. TKF

TKF TS Member

Kim - thanks for your post and regards to Bruce.........JD, I was so pleased with your comments, thanks a bunch - please pass my best onto your Dad(for the thread - Joe Gambardella (JD's Papa)posted the sole 100x100 State Shoot Handicap score in the 96 years of Connecticut trapshooting). Dave Bishop - you're out of a locker and I'm out of your wonderful gifts to Renee & self! TK

11. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Tom You will be missed and I hope you will return to this great sport A.S.A.P.. It has been a honor to know and work along side of you and your lovely wife. If you ever find yourself in Billy The Kid territory let me know as I have plenty of room and your both always welcome at mi casa. Kindest Personal Regards J.R. Long

12. bas

bas Member

Tom - you will be missed! Thanks for all of your work, time and dedication to our great sport! But, I hope those guns don't stay oiled for too long.

Betty Sackett

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got to know T.K. Ford because of "Magic Rocks" and being as I read people pretty fair from my lifes experiences, I would have to say the people from the CTA and the ATA are the biggest losers in this one ... Best of luck in anything and all you do Mr.T.K.Ford ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Mr. Ford,

Thanks for your service to our sport.

Would that be the big tall Ron Fine that used to be a Winchester rep. in the Midwest back in the early seventies, when I was young?

ed.

15. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Tom - Thanks for all the years of service and contributions. We will miss you.
    I hope you do not allow unpleasant memories to keep you from the sport I know you love. I sincerely wish you Renee and Angus the very best. - Jim Elliott

16. marotta

marotta TS Member

All I want to know is the real reason....what the heck happened?

Why did we lose such a stand up guy?