1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOKEN/CARD FOR TRAP MACHINES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baber, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

I am interested in this as well as we are about to start looking for a system for our club. We are aware of the Token system that Briley sells but what other systems are out there and what works and what doesn't. We are interested in 3 skeet fields and 2 trap fields.

TB

2. break25

break25 TS Member

I thought I deleted this thread when I found the origional thread. of 03 NOV.07

Chazz

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Golden West Inds sell a card system. Speak to Mike Elton.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Our study, still in the deciding process, is that the token system is simpler and costs less to install by a significant amount. Concerns with tokens working at more than one site must be considered. Schultz and Briley say they have enough "different" tokens that it shouldn't be a dilemma. Briley told us they have helped in converting several card systems to tokens due to problems. I must wonder if that could be salesmanship, eh? Tokens by Canterbury from Bob Schultz is a possibility if not Briley...breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jacksonville has a token system installed that is dead in the water.

I would contact them and see what they have to say.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

One thing we keep hearing is DO start from scratch with new wiring secured in conduit and done in a professional manner. The idea of stealing some power, say from the trap house, and running some extension cords through the creek and mud is apparently not a good start....Bob Dodd

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Bob Dodd, You are correct about running the "communication wire" from the trap house to the coin box in conduit. They use telephone wire and that is the weak point of the system. I guess that was to save money to the purchaser, but it the source of most of the problems, the fragility of the wire and the phone jack connectors. You need some one with electrical knowledge to maintain them.It doesn't speak well for the shooters, that you have to consider spending large sums of money per field just to monitor them. Good luck, Bob

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

One club in So Calif had tokens and the help were selling the tokens at a discount to their friends in the parking lot. So much for tokens.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Our tokens machines are not dead in the water. yes we have some issues with then and are waiting for Bob to send his Coin Expert for a visit on his way to the Southern Grand. Key control is very important and is no different than keeping the cash register under control. We are looking forward to a good working system. Jake Jacobs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley token and card