1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Today's gun control Senate votes

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 548, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 548

548 Guest

Today

The Democrats who voted against the amendment:
    Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
    Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska)
    Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.)
    Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)
    Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) voted against it for procedural reasons as Senate rules will allow him to bring up the measure again.
    Republicans who voted for the amendment:
    Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
    Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.)
    Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/senate-gun-control-roll-call-vote-senators-who-bucked-their-party-90226.html#ixzz2QlKfJ93h

2. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Yeah Obama was on saying 90 percent of amarica wanted this gun control. Lying bastard.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Liberals make me want to puke. No common sense

4. 548

548 Guest

I posted the first post for a couple reasons. First, I was wondering which Senators didn't follow the party herds, and so I figured maybe some ts'ers were also curious. Second, it's a lesson in the absense of integrity in the American political system.

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

what was in this piece of crap that isn't already on the books?

talk about integrity.... how about Obozo using the Sandy Hook parents to push is crap. that's disgusting!!!

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick- You are going to confuse some people with that. LOL.

7. 548

548 Guest

Rick, there are two schools of thought regarding a politician earning a constituant's vote.

One - It is a politicians job to vote the wishes of the majority of his/her constituants

or

Two - It is a voters responsibility to educate yourself regarding the candidates and the positions they support and vote for the candidate that most closely aligns with your positions.

I believe in the second. And as such, it is evident to me that a Democratic Senator from Alaska, Montana, or North Dakota is more concerned about securing the next election than they are voting their true beliefs.

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I'm elated that it failed. It will not prevent a Sandy Hook from recurring. Needless to say, criminals would not comply. I see no problem with selling a gun to a friend. Anyone out there can quote any statistics supporting crime committed by guns purchased used from other individuals? Where are the numbers? These type of laws, if passed, always seem to morph into something not originally intended; i.e., camel nose under the tent. Who trusts this gov't that regulations would not be issued to continue to tighten the vise? Why don't we go after people to have been denied a gun purchase or people who lie on the Federal firearms form? Why don't we go after these gang members and people who violate gun laws? We need not continue go after law abiding citizens. BT100dc

9. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

There seems to be some confusion over a republic and a democracy?

Good reading above.

Kip

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear 548

Although we usually sit on opposite sides of the isle, you are absolutely right about the Democratic votes against an ineffective Liberal bill.

Ideally, they voted the way the electorate wanted. Actually, they voted to stay in office.

The RINO's who voted for the bill? Don't have a clue, other than they hope their constituents have a short memory, or they are trying to show their tolerance. However, to quote an unknown soul, "Tolerance is the virtue of a person without convictions."

Only children and mentally defective adults despise or wish harm to those who disagree with them.

Although I disagree with Liberals 99%+ of the time, I neither despise nor wish harm to come to them.

I will say I am gratified that, whatever the reason, for now, this type of drivel has been sent to the shredder.

11. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

MC-CAIN = Stealth RINO Progressive ... 'ie' =

liberal sneak ... when will gop finnaly wise up ..

win

12. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Headline says Obama says gun lobby willfully lied? I heard him say the bill failed because of the NRA's misinformation. The master of misinformation saying this. How about the misinformation on cost of Obamacare, Bengazi, fast and furious, going to cut the deficit before my first term is over. This guy is the master of the half-truth and misinformation. Obama wouldn't know the truth if he tripped over it. Thin skinned sore losing liar! You may differ..but thats my opinion and I'm right..thank you very much! ed nichols

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

When I seen Obo's cry baby speech, Ole Joe Biden had a frown on his face, AS soon as I seen him, the first thing to come to mind is that ole grouch dumbie of the ventriloquist!! LOL!

Ole Gabby was standing next to the Liar in Chief and was acting like a "bobble head"!

No wonder the rest of the world looks at us and Laughs out loud!!

54 traitors to the USA voted today, REMEMBER WHO if you get a chance to vote against them!!

14. RAScott

RAScott Member

Trapperwad has it right on the camels nose. Liar , bully, self serving dishonest,The only people that trust this guy are the one that we are supporting. Bob S

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

One thing you all can be assured of.If 90% of the people wanted this bill it would be law.What a crock.The NRA lied.Talk about calling the kettle black.The POTUS literally has no conscience.

Darr

16. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

548 - Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo

17. beeper

beeper Member

Wow! A bill (law) that would require me to pay $25 to a dealer at a gun show so he can run a NICS check so a non-dealer can sell me a gun, hopefully for a good deal? Hell, that certainly violates my Second Amendmant constituional right! Leads up to Gun Registration as A-hole Ted Cruise states? Yea sure, language was in the bill that prohibits it. As someone stated here on TS.com "the politicians listened to America". All 9 percent of America I guess. To all of you who are jumpin up and down because of what you may perceive as a victory for gun owners and lastly Mr.LaPierre aka 1.3 million a year plus expences and bonus, let's hope that the next illegal, past felon or mentally unstable who may purchase a gun at a Gun Show without a background check doesn't point that gun at you or your family. In the name of the Second Amendmant.

the beeper

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Rick don't confuse them with facts

19. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

jbbor:Two thumbs up to you Sir...KS-OKIE.

20. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Darr,

The correct spelling is POSOTUS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.