1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TODAY IS THE DOOMS DAY FOR GUNS OWNERS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by il shooter, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

Today is when we find out whats the DEMs have in mine for our rights

2. beeper

beeper Member

toke up on that doobie some more!

the Beeper

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

hey beeper... How do you know so much about doobies?

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Well. it came and past. I live in NY and will shoot as much trap and sporting clays next year as I did last year. Same goes for goose, deer and duck hunting.

6. beeper

beeper Member

If you live in CO or WA you should know about doobies. Of yea...if you were in the 60's or smoking one while on guard in nam.

the Beeper

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Yeah lugnutz, if you don't shoot much you may be right. But once this all kicks-in in NY, what if you really compete in trap, where are you going to buy thousands and thousands of shells at a reasonable price? What if you wanted to buy a Ruger 10/22?

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I think sales at Gun Shows at Convention Ctrs etc will be a thing of the past. People will have to buy guns from store fronts and private to private sales will have to be done at a store front gun store where the paper work and background check will be completed by the gun store and transfer completed for a fee.

9. drgondog

drgondog Member

The furball has just started.. key step one will be Harry Reid and whether he caves to Obama. Key step two is how many Dems will be pro 2nd and how many offsetting RINO's in Senate will be there to overide a filibuster. Key step 3 is whether it gets out of the Senate but stalled in House.

Time is against the anti-gun Dems so you can be sure another school shooting with semi auto rifles is well into planning stage.

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well jeez, I can't get Twinkies anymore. i had to switch to Little's Debbies Boston Creme Rolls

11. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I have some trap ammo stored, and I travel to other states on business if I happen to need need more shells or components. I have no need for a 10-22. When I feel the urge to plink I have a variety old lever and pump 22's. One box of 35 rem and 45-70 lasts me 3 years of deer hunting including "sighting in" I really do not feel the new law will be more than a minor inconvenience to me.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You don't understand. He's one if the morons that only cares about himself. Just read his last post.

Worthless in my eyes.

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Looks like a victory for the NRA to me. All the major things like gun bans, and magazine limits will need congressional approval.

1 of his 23 executive actions is to get the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) to research the causes and PREVENTION of gun violence. Are you kidding me? With a flu epidemic sweeping across the country, killing hundreds of people, the CDC is to determine gun violence is a disease, and find a cure?

IMO, a lot of 30 round mags and AR's will be for sell in the near future.

Wayne

14. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Lug:

I guess since you travel to other states to purchase your ammo without inconvenience, you are probably right, it won't bother you. There are probably a few of you out there, but not many.

15. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I did not mean to sound selfish. I have alot of friends who hunt and shoot clays too. We will all be able to still do the same hunting and clay shooting
    sports we like in the future with maybe some minor inconvenience. I do feel bad for the gun shop owners and certain individuals who will not be able to make the big profits they have in the recent past.

This may also sound selfish. But I see some positives in all this. I am looking forward to the way it was a few years ago when I could go into a local gunshop and the person behind the counter would take the time to show me a few new or used sub -gauge wingmasters and over-unders from a full rack of them without an attitude. I wind up walking out of stores because they are too busy selling black guns to scary lookin dudes 3 deep that I definitly would not want next to me at the 27 or within a mile of my tree stand. Alot of shops just don't inventory a variety of wood stock shotguns anymore because they need the shelf space for higher profit items. Business is Business and I understand that. Perhaps they can now re-dedicate some shelf space again for trap and bird guns and get back to catering to customers that kept them in business before the "black gun frenzy" took over.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

2nd amendment text:

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Definition:
    in·fringe [ in frínj ] 1.disobey or disregard something: to fail to obey a law or regulation or observe the terms of an agreement
    2.encroach on somebody's rights or property: to take over land, rights, privileges, or activities that belong to somebody else, especially in a minor or gradual way
    Synonyms: encroach on, intrude on, interfere with, impinge on, trespass, invade, overstep.

The GCA of 1968 was an infringement of our rights. It put conditions on how arms could be borne.

The AWB was an infringement.

Dont think because you can shoot trap for another few years that they don't have you in their sights too.

This is not over by a long shot.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.