Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today I shot at Big Springs Trap Club

796 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  slide action 
#1 ·
When I walked to the line, I noticed something missing....NO voice boxes. I thought to myself, Oh Boy, this should be fun!!!!! To my suprise, the young fellow that was pulling and scoring, never missed a trick. He was attentive and right on the money with the botton. When we went to doubles, same thing,,, Good pulling. I have never enjoyed a shoot as much as this one. There were a lot of young shooters there.. All very courteous and some very good scores. I'm sorry that I'll be back in Florida for the August shoot but hope to make it in September. Thanks to Mark and all the shooters that I shot with for an enjoyable day. Don Kerce

#2 ·
Dear Don

I am the olde pharte that pulled dubs for you. Thanks for coming to the club. You probably noticed we throw about the best targets in Tennessee. I will say that the Pat you shot doubles off broke several targets, and it usually does not. I will blame it on a 15 year old loader! LOL

I am proud to call the Springs home. Mark and Co. do a bang up job, and have one of the best managed and maintained clubs in the region. They bought the club to keep it alive for the kids. What a noble effort.

As far as the lack of Canterbury's, we have one of the largest Scholastic Clay Target Programs in the nation. The team coaches generally pull, in practice and matches. Young athletes and voice pullers mean extra targets thrown.

As a USA Shooting Intl' Coach, NSSA Certified Trainer, and ATA Hall of Fame Instructor, among other disciplines, I have the privilige of working with young athletes and their coaches. I also am the Shooting Coach for Middle Tennessee State University Clay Target Club. Truly an honor to be there.

Training the next generation of champions and shooters is something everyone should be involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.