1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOBY COMES HOME FROM THE VET HOSPITAL!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    My son in law the carpenter is still working out of town this week. my wife suggest, strongly suggest, that i offer to pick up my hairy grandson from the vet hospital as my daughter is still sick, and watching my 3 little grandchildren that i like to call, my three little monsters. i forgot to tell you that over the weekend we all went to see toby at the vet hospital and the kids made him get well cards. as i am standing looking at toby all i could think was that this dog has been with my daughters family 1 1/2 months and although we love him, he has inflicted huge bills and damages. when i was watching him the other weekend, he tore up 2 rugs in the kitchen, chewed on a leg on my kitchen table, chewed up one of my leather shoes, chewed up and partially ate one of my trapshooting hats, luckily no pins were on that hat. there is more, the purchase of one size xl winter sweater for when he goes outside in the wisconsin cold to do his business. i sit in a 60 degree home in winter to conserve oil heating bills, and toby has a nicer sweater than i do. all this dog needs is a smoking jacket and velvet slippers like hugh heffner at the playboy mansion. i doubt hugh could afford this dog. he eats like a refugee from a third world country. my wife always says "he's just a puppy, he's growing. a friend of mine named sam who always has large german shepards saw toby when i brought him out to the gun club and looked at the size of his paws and said this dog will be huge. just found out from the vets staff that toby needs a bigger cage now. no problem, do you take trade ins from the cage my kids purchased 1 1/2 months ago? NO! JUST TACK IT ON THE BILL. so today it's time to bring "ENORMO" HOME. i spent more on his surgery and hotel stay than what my wife and i paid in san francisco for a week in 1972 on our honey moon. looking at the bill, i am quietly thinking what does my honeymoon and this vets bill have in common?????? they help me take toby to the van, we had taken all the seats out so he could fit. i am talking to toby on the way home, as though he would respond. he looks at me with those eyes, i think he's grateful. as i pull into my daughter's drive way, the kids have a computer banner"WELCOME HOME TOBY" taped to the front window, and they all come running out of the house to see him. we get him situated and everyone is thanking me for saving toby. as i am getting ready to leave i hear my daughter on the phone with my wife saying" we are thinking of sending toby to obediance school once he is better" i better go, TAKE IT EASY TOBY I YELL, right, i should be treated as good as that hairy big, pooch!
    steve

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Sounds like an English Sheep Dog. They aren't known for being mental giants.

3. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

senior smoke, I feel your pain, but just remember it could always be worse. I just had to put my 2 year old english pointer down yesterday after a two week battle. We had been to 4 different vets and spent over $4,000.00 and still do not know for sure what she had, they think some sort of immune mediated disease. To make it worse we were suppose to leave for the United Field Trial Nationals in 2 weeks where she had qualified for all 3 pointing events. I devoted 2 years of my life to this dog, spent alot of time and money and now i have only memories and huge vet bills. They say a man will be lucky to have one great bird dog in his life, well she was the one. Just remember it always could be worse! Brett

4. senior smoke

Brett:
    i love animals, especially dogs. my grandfather told me as a little boy that most people consider themselves lucky to ever have 1 true friend in life. he said get a good dog and they will be loyal to you to a fault. my condolences for losing your friend, dog , family member. i have lost 2 dogs in my life time and it was the hardest thing i have ever went through. they are indeed like family. i strongly believe that when we pass away, that they will be waiting for us on the other side. i am very sorry for your loss.
    steve

5. senior smoke

bROWNST100:
    I TOOK YOUR ADVICE AND I DID WRITE A BOOK ABOUT MY FRIEND LUTHER AND I TRAPSHOOTING FOR 40 YEARS. it has 125 stories. trying to get it published and iron out some problems with it.
    take care,
    steve

6. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

Senior Smoke: Sorry for your loss. Been there and done that. Keep us poated on your publishing efforts. Would really like to read your stories. Dave

7. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

Steve, Both your grandfather and you are so right, losing a pet is very difficult, one of the hardest things i've had to go thru. I just wanted to thank you for your condolences. Thanks again, Brett

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

It's a killer alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.