1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To who ever is in charge of this forum

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by romie, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I don't know how much trouble it would be neat if we had seller feed back to prevent or slow down any scams or crooks.
    Monty

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll second that suggestion.

Ed

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That has been brought up several times previously but never happened. I think it is a good idea also. Just a number behind your sign on name for everytime someone posted a good review of the deal. Ideal would be number in green for positive and red for negative. Bulge.

4. BBob

BBob TS Member

0   0   0

All I can say is in eight months I have purchased two shotguns, one barrel, and one coat from members on TS.com. Every transaction on here has been wonderful, as perfect as it could be. I believe the incedent we've been reading about was truly a lack of communication. I hope it is all worked out by now. Bill

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

It'd be nice, but gentlemen please bear in mind, this is a trapshoting discussion site, not a site designated for selling and buying like ebay or gunbroker for a fee. Buying & selling is only an add on privilege to the members, we took advantage of this feature for free, don't push it.

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Steve, Excellent Point!!!

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

0   0   0

I think it would put too much stress on the moderators, but I think we all need to realize when communications break down pick up the phone. I have been working with computers for over 20 years and hate what email has done to our society.

I prefer speaking with humans...

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

And maybe a spell checker.

9. DanLee

DanLee Member

0   0   0

I prefer email over phones, as you have it in black and white.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Yah-ah. Den the mods got to be loyers too!

11. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Why doesn't someone just start a thread with people they have had experience with buying or selling and whether it was a good or bad experience,mine on here have been all good.Jerry

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Perhaps instead of making changes to the forum we could just reply back to the original but/sell thread after the deal is done with something like 'Thanks Guy, it was a pleasure doing business with you". Not exactly a rating system but at least an acknowledgement for others to see and remember.

13. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

to do this would take a new format but IMO this TS forum format needs updating. Go to a v-bulliten and you guys would love this site alot more.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

Its really no trouble to do ourselves.. someone just start a thread good sellers / bad sellers.. everyone post their experience when it drops down ttt it.. in fact I bought a loader 2 months ago on here i'll start it myself..

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

We, as a group, do a pretty good job of policing things. There has been an influx of a lot of new people to this forum over the last couple of years. Some just using this site to peddle their wares.

I for one won't list an email address when I put something up for sale. This way they have to PM me. If it is someone I'm not familiar with, I can look up a few of their old threads/posts and find out a little more about who I'm dealing with. I then make it a point, most of the time, to start emailing each other on final arrangements so I can have a good record of it.

I don't have a problem taking a personal check for something. One more than one occasion the incoming check and the outgoing part has passed each other in transit. Until I get burned, I'll continue to do business this way.

ss

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

himark. Pray-tell... What is a V-bulletin format?

17. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

0   0   0

Keep in mind that a seller evaluation page/process can be manipulated fairly easily. It happens all the time on Ebay. It's one of the reasons I won't buy anything on Ebay.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.