1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To The Concerned Shooters Of Redlands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Terry. Trapshooters can be a pissy lot. But I gotta tell you that every time I hear about your trapshooting joint, I hear nothing but good. And I wish I was in your neck-o-the-woods to bust some clays at your place. Too, I recall (and still have) the T and F issue wiht you and others that included the huge benefactor Bill Hunter. What ever this "letters" thing is about, you can count on a positive perception from the midwest where I reside. Keep on, keepin on Terry.

Jack

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto from Orygun!.....Bob Dodd

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Redlands: Terry, Jacque, Maryann, and staff members at Redlands have always made me and friends feel welcome. It is obvious that they care and go the extra mile. I sometimes cringe when I see Terry and Jacque and Maryann and the rest of the gang working so hard; makes my whole body ache in sympathy. I know this is a subjective comment coming only from my viewpoint, but to me, Redlands has only one negative: It is an hour away from my Los Angeles home! Terry and Staff, "This Bud's for You!"

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

When I was shooting at BBB and having the pleasure of meeting Bill and Ruthie Hunter last sept,,,,I was asked many times if I would have a chance to shoot at Redlands ,,,all the shooters at the SoCal champ shoot seemed to think it was a good place to shoot,,,,Bill from NY

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Bill....it is a great place to shoot!

6. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

to bad i don,t get back out to calif.i have shot many times there when i transported cars to so. calif. i was always treated well by the entire staff at redlands & met many nice folks there & a great place to shoot. i will see you again someday down the road terry & crew. thanks... dwain from iowa

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Like Jack said, shooters can be a pissy bunch of A holes at times. Sounds to me like you have many supporters so I would not waste my time worrying about it

8. JES

JES Member

Where else in the country would complaints fly because the targets were to perfect must explain the high scores must be something wrong. Terry Bilbey has shot an excellent year with a high average - must have cheated. I have seen this man shoot in all weather and other clubs and run a sole 100. He doesn't have to cheat HE IS THAT GOOD!!! Tell Jimmy Heller that ran the 100 at Redlands on handicap - did he only get the easy targets?? Must have cheated. I am done with this - Be proud the only complaint is you run to good of an operation - you are a great shot - and your reputation speaks for it self. Thank you for caring about the shooters may the club live long and prosper. Jan Slough

9. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

aaahhhhhhhh, Politics.....

My mother told me for the balance of her 86 year life, "If you like the law, or hot dogs, don't watch either one being made".

I should have listened more to my mother.

John

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Terry, Dont let the crap get you down. Dave

11. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

Hey Bilbey, if you pay me the $150.00 that you have owed me for the past 15 years, I will stop bad mouthing you. Call me when you get a chance 970-217-9602.

Jess

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Terry: Latin is a wonderful language -- so translate this. "Illigitimus non carborundum". Ok so you don't know Latin... "Don't let the bastards grind you down! Fred

13. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I started shooting competitvely since 1958 --- live pigeons, then trap, then bunker, then skeet etc and in those 50+ years I can't remember ANY club or range where the owner/manager/rangemaster/etc ever thanked me for coming out to shoot ----- except for Terry. I can't think of a time he hasn't said "Hi! Glad you could make it."

It doesn't take much for a range to make me happy --- throw a good target, have reasonable prices, and try not to piss me off with the little things.

Terry and the staff get A+'s across the board.

14. 3DHC

3DHC Member

If not for Terry, Redlands likely would not exist today. It had fallen into disrepair and lost its popularity. Although its a hundred miles from my home to Redlands, I make it a point to make the trip at least a couple of times a year minimally as do many of my friends and acquaintances. The target setting is excellent and Terry watches over everything during a shoot. He is constantly up and down the line; and checking with shooters. The fields are kept clean, the traps kept full of targets, the squadding sheets are distributed in a timely manner, and the scorer's do a good job. Terry is out early in the morning and works into the late afternoon and evening; but still finds time to chat with those spending the night in their RV's. Although a consistent, premier shooter who has already been inducted into the CGSTA Hall of Fame, he is friendly to everyone irrespective of their stature in the sport. His wife and staff are equally dedicated and friendly; and make Redlands a pleasurable place to shoot. My sentiments towards his distracters should probably go unspoken.
    Butch Hampton

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure & the privilege to participate at Redlands during their 2007 Thanksgiving shoot. The club is as good as it can get. Good people, good targets, well run programs. Made the car trip from NC even more worthwhile. The only thing Terry did wrong was not controlling the winds.

Phil Berkowitz

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Not only did Terry bring Redlands back from the pits and turn it into the top target throwing club in California, but we copied his methods at our club and went from 19,000 ATA targets per year to 150,000+ registered targets per year.

Plus, when he comes to our shoots, he gets right in the trap houses and takes a turn loading the machines like our other volunteers or hops up on a chair(well maybe not exactly hops) and scores. He has also supported our club financially and in many other ways.

It seems unbelievable that we have CGSTA Directors that would like to see him out of business for their own petty reasons.

17. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Terry,

Without a doubt you run a smooth operation compared to my home ATA range in S.D. The first time I shot at Redlands two years ago, I couldn't believe my eyes when I witnessed you going around the fields between events and raking up and cleaning up the empty hulls right along with your employees. Anyone that is not above getting their hands dirty in order to get the job done is number one in my book. For us shooters that travel a long distance to shoot at your range, expediency in getting back on the road is paramount. And you definitely have a way of keeping your operation moving. When the squads slow down, you are driving around on your cart and coaxing them to move it along.

I am not up to speed with the letters that you reference, but the one thing I've seen with trap shooters is they are the whiniest bunch of piss ants in any sport. I'll admit, I've had instances at my home range and at Redlands where something went wrong. Like the scorekeeper marking me down for lost birds when I didn't miss any, or they speak so softly that I can't hear them call a lost bird while wearing my earplugs. Sure it made me upset, but not enough to make a big deal about. I got over it, and am ready to shoot again. I'm not going to write nasty letters and piss and moan about it.

I serve on the board of Directors for Lemon Grove Rod and Gun Club in S.D. and I can attest that we have a bunch of whiney piss ants that belong to our club as well. It's not possible to please everyone all the time. The bottom line is, you keep doing what you are doing. Hopefully it will rub off on other ranges like my home ATA range at SDSSA. I can come up to Redlands and shoot 100 singles birds and 100 handicap birds and be home in less time than it would take to do the same at SDSSA which is twenty minutes from my house.

Thank you for all your efforts to satisfy all of us Terry Bilbey wanna be's.

Kevin King

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have not been over to Redlands but have heard nothing but good from the shooters who have been there from Arizona ... I cannot comment on any letters because I have not seen or heard of anything from over here so it must be a local thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"The Board of Directors of the CGSTA has no problem with Terry or his club and I believe we would all agree that Terry has done a good job at Redlands."

If this were the case, the CGSTA would have not had to call a special meeting of the Board of Directors to consider the possibility of a lawsuit being filed by Redlands Shooting Park for defamation of its business and the receipt of written complaints against certain Directors.

Terry has consistantly taken the high road concerning the unfounded and subsequently totally disproved allegations against Redlands and his personal integrity.

The anonymous letters referenced in this thread are nothing more than poorly veiled tools to perpetuate dissension on the Board, while continuing to drag Redlands into the equation, to everyone's detriment except those whose personal agendas that dissension serves.

20. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Terry, when you throw the best target in the Country. You're always going to have people that are jealous of you.

Best to you, Phil Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.