1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To remove the bolt on an 870???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Model12, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model12

Model12 Member

I can do a Model12 blindfolded but never an 870. I have to replace a firing pin. Thanks for the help. Bob G Orlando,Fl Got it out and replaced the pin. Now to re-install?

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Mod. 12, believe it's like an 1100. After trigger assembly is removed,just depress the shell retainer and pull it out. Obviously the bbl needs to be removed first. Steve

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Remove the barrel, then slide a finger up into the bottom of the receiver through the bottom magazine loading port and push out on the right, then left or left, then right slider retainer flat spring(s), one on either side, while gently pulling forward on the forend slide. The dual slide bars are released and the whole works simply slides forward on the magazine tube. Put it back the same way; really, it couldn't be easier. If you wish to remove the trigger/hammer assembly, first, punch out the two pins and it pulls straight down and out. You gain a little more working room and can see what your doing, but it's not necessary. The gun should be right side up.

It takes longer to say, than do......hope this helps .....mike

4. Model12

Model12 Member

Done thanks for the help. Bob Gegerson

5. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

slide the pump action over the shell tube and let it sit just before that action. set the greyish metallic piece on the two long flat bars, might have to keep it pinched a little bit to keep it sitting on there. look at the cuts in it, they will only fit on the two bars one way, then set the other part, whatever its called with the firing pin, lol on top of the grey metal piece. Slide it in a little it will hang up. Depress one of the two levers on the inside of the action, it will move a little bit, then depress the other side and your good to go. No need to drop the trigger for this at all. Installation is the exact opposite of removal.

6. John 53

John 53 Member

My son was by, and somehow disassembled the wife's 870. I had NEVER taken one down, and was about to go in search of the manual, when he jumped on the computer. I now know that

YOUTUBE.com

is the way to go. There was a "film" that demonstrated EVERYTHING you needed to know. I have not checked any other guns, but would not hesitate to do so.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.