1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To my fellow TS conservatives and liberals....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mtimney, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

When I read threads in this part of the forum I am regularly repelled by the hate being expressed. We all need to stop demonizing the opposition when we discuss issues if we're ever going to solve our problems as well we can.

You CANNOT think at your best when your mind is clouded with hate or absolute ideological loyalty. I am astounded by the illogic used by some on this site to prove a point. (Some of you may have noticed that I've recently tried to point our poor logic in some threads.) It's no wonder this country is in the shape its in given how we've all become so divided.

Now I am NOT arguing for absolute tolerance of others' ideas. You cannot have an 'anything goes' kind of attitude and be a moral person. There are some political decisions where absolutes are legitimate and necessary, but most issues are ones where two or more rational people can fairly and logically disagree and still have different approaches to solving the problem. This is a fact.

If we are to progress on our discussions on this web site, and hopefully in our nation, we must all recognize that some questions, like gun control, abortion, etc., etc., are what's known as multi-system type issues--these are issues that do NOT have absolute answers/solutions....only better and worse answers/solutions.

Lacking perfect, measurable solutions for these issues, we must all develop a degree of intellectual humility, empathy and fairness when we enter into discussion. IF we don't, we're not living up to the very ideals the founders of this country established.

Thank you for hearing my plea.
    Mark T

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I agree Mark. I don't know who you are, but I like your message.

This political debate is no more sophisticated than picking sides for a dodge ball contest in 3rd grade.

Guy B.

3. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Mark T I do not know you but tip my Hat to you well said !After all it what has always made our Country Stand Tall !

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Unfortunately this election is like no other of our time. Our world will change worse than it has if Obama is re-elected. Most conservatives recognize this and are very passionate about defeating him. I am one of those people. You can ask for civility, but we're trying to save our constitution and our country. You may think we're being uncivil, but freedom calls for strong words and in some cases strong actions. I hope we aren't forced to take strong actions.

Yours constitutionally,
    Steve in Indiana

5. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

6. 548

548 Guest

Kolar dude, ever see the movie STRIPES? Reading your post reminds me of Francis. Sgt. Hulka said it best, "Lighten up, Francis".

7. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

We have been far too tolerant of the liberals that have messed things up. Of course we are mad. Sometimes it comes across as unreasonable but we must win this war to save the constitution.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

mtimney, would you consider the above post by musketboy to be a prime example of the hate an intolerance you so abhor?

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

musketman:

Follow the link to thoughts shared by some of obummer's open minded supporters. No hate going on there.

sissy

PS: If you don't like that website, Google 'obummer supporters threaten to riot'. You can read the story lots of places.

10. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Hate and intolerance? You MUST be referring to your run of the mill liberal(or muslim).

Take notes mtimney...For the most part, us conservatives dont give a f***** ***k what other people do. Stay out of our gunsafes, bank accounts and way of life. Beyond that, you can pretty much have at er'. We won't even notice. Problem is, libtards can't stand not imposing therir will on everyone who "doesn't know better".

In truth, intolerance lives mostly on the left. Now, a few of us may use a bit of salty language once in a while. But, as kolerdude said, this election means EVEREYTHING! Don't mistake passion for intolerance.

Last point( the one where you are REALLY wrong)....Your statementabout "multi system type issues". I've never heard of that, and I consider myself somewhat well read. There are ABSOLUTLEY answers/solutions to gun control/abortion ect.
    Abortion is murder and gun control is unconstitutional.

11. warren

warren Member

I agree with sissy

warren

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Every election season, at least one gomer comes along, trying to "solve the problem of civil discourse" on TS.com.

(Yawn)...well, I guess it was about time.

Pipe down, guys. He won't last. They never do.

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

So, you liberals really want a dictator in the oval office? Haven't you been watching what his highness has been doing? Happy with gas prices? Going to be more unhappy now that his majesty has closed the national oil reserves in Alaska to future drilling. You talk about closed minds, where are yours. None of you have ever told us exactly what good Odumbass has done for our country. How's that for civility?

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There can never be a civil discourse with people who steal elections, murder childern in the womb or try to deny us of any of our freedoms named in the Bill of Rights.

Hatred towards would be oppressors is well deserved.

People died for our rights, how dare you tell me I am illogical to want to preserve them.

This is no game. People are losing their jobs, their homes, their fortunes and their futures.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow how the hypocritical BS is flying here. Innocent musketman.

Lets see, who said this:

"And you are a sick demented s.o.b. so you are even with him."

That was an unprovoked insult aimed at another TS.COM member. Who is close minded???

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Someone needs to grow a pair.

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

This is my third election on ts.com. None have them have ever been civil. Anyone remember sammie?

Anyway, nice cast mtimney. But a lib trolling on a pro gun website isn't a new idea.

18. spritc

spritc Active Member

Notice how quiet the libs get when you ask a simple question? It happens everytime, they disappear when confronted with the truth.

19. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

IMHO, "Open minded" is another phrase for liberal idiot. We have compromised ourselves with liberals to the brink of moral and fiscal destruction. The reality of the situation will be upon all of us if the Marxist sob is re-elected.

Buz

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hate and intolerance mostly on the left? LOL. I dare any conservative here to post that they're voting third party and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.