1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To Move or not to Move, is that a question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

In HC if the next guy is going to have to reset the speaker where he wants it anyway, why not just leave it where it is and let him only move it once?

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

You say etiquette, so if the person that moves it for you doesn't put it in the proper location for you are you going to be polite and shoot with it that way? Or are you going to be disrespectful and move it again?

Personally I would rather move it myself.

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I agree with Brooks and Bo. Yes I said it I agree. Why not move for your self at present if you follow the etiquette than it's a waist of time. Everyone is moving twice a station.
    Joe

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I use to move the speaker, but not any more.I've watched the shooter, and 99.9% of the time they will move to where they like it,so let them.........

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I agree that shooter should tend his own mic, like a ^&*(ing square dance out there today.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Red,

Did you win today?

7. bocephus

bocephus Member

I would rather focus on what I was there for rather than where your speaker is set.

Being a good samaritan has it's place. For a person with a disability of course I would help by moving the speaker but not for everyone.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

Well sir you have a disability and no state approved disbility sticker for what ails you, but I could tell regardless.....

9. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I do it when there is more than 1 yard separating me and the person to my left. I look to see where they have the mic and leave the finagling of it to them. Seems it's the least I can do and I appreciate it when I have someone shooting shorter yardage than me to the right, do the same. Courtesy never hurts, IMHO.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

OUCH! I think I shot 6 or 7 of them without a punch. Don't worry, we are saving you a place and it won't be much longer before you'll be in it. How was singles?

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Looking at it from the club's perspective, if the scorer has his head in the game, has the control switch in his hand, and kills the field when folks are changing stations, I would like the speaker moved close to where I will put it.

OTOH, if the kid in the chair has his head in the clouds and extra targets are thrown while folks are fine tuning their speakers, I would rather see them moved only once.

When I score for a shoot, I keep the switch in my hand. If I see something I don't like in a safety issue, or when folks are changing stations and speakers, I can kill the field immediately for a safety issue and save the club from eating targets.

If a shooter has his head deeply in the game, he might not want to move a speaker for another shooter. That's okay with me. Registered targets, shells and all the trimmings in a shoot are getting mighty expensive.

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As a courtesy, I will move the speaker 1 yd. ahead if necessary (I'm at the 27) and let the other shooter adjust from there.

Personally I don't care if someone moves the speaker for me.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.