1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

to 'LONGSHOT': a modest proposal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I think you're full of beans about how attractive & exciting retro-trap might be, but I (and most of TS.com, apparently) might be wrong.

The way to establish that everybody else is driving the wrong way on the freeway (except you and Indy) is to organize and throw a retro shoot.

How about it? There are a lot of shooters & clubs in your area and SWPA. Advertise it heavily, here, and perhaps T&F and TrapshootingUSA would interview you or take your submission? after all, we ALL want a better game, and you might have the key to reversing the 'decline' of shooting.

Involve your delegate. DuckDog, Dysinger ... Fishburn ... CC is certainly underutalized for most of the year, and might be amenable to an interesting specialty shoot.

Get some vendors and sponsors, and run the options how you wish.

Put some walk behind all that talk. Indy will help you, surely.

Quit talking abt what everybody else should do ... DO IT!

Lead or STFU.

Deal?

Bob

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I like it, I need some popcorn on this one

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Money & Guns......yeehaw............let's have at it.

Curt

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I would but I like the ATA the way it is now also. :)

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I'm headed for the kitchen now --pop some popcorn & grab a big cold drink. This might get interesting. Ross

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I'll be there unless it is colder than hell then I'll be in Florida. You always wanted a piece of me, here is your chance. Indy can be your shoot manager as he knows everything.

Don

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Don, I figger Longshorts would want to do it right ... and it would take some time to round up sponsors (or maybe not if he has judged pent-up demand for retro-trap right) ... Early Spring, mebbe?

With LOTS of progreƒƒ reports.

3-hole? lots easier than SC, <i>columbaire</i> or bunker or wobble ... I'll be there, and have some side money.

Bob

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

And don't forget another thing: If Ricky, Harlan, Leo, etc. come to the shoot...they use .410s and shoot from 40 yards.

And they have to use a BT-99 for doubles.

9. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

mmmm ... Longshorts?

hello ... Gary.B ...

paging the spiritual father of retro-trap and savior of the ATA ...

10. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? What, where is longshot's thread?

Denny, Leo could brake doubles with a single-shot pea shooter, so could Harlan and Ricky for that matter. If you want to equalize those guys, they must face opposite the trap when the targets are thrown. Then the rest of us would be equalized (to some extent).

milt

11. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Count me in goathead....

What state? Ohio is a long drive but I doubt you could get me to shoot in Illinois. I have my standards.

Retro shoot tho sounds great. Lets have it in Ohio and call it a grand shoot. Like when we actually had over 5000 shooters on a handicap event.

Your disrespectful attack on Mr Fishburn is way over the top. Shame!

12. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Joe ... huh?

I'm in TX, btw, not IL.

You ARE going to help Longshorts with the shoot, yes?

Bob

13. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Goat,

Repeat....

Your attack on Mr. Fishburn is way over the top. Shame!

Be a man, apologize or pull the thread!

14. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

what attack?

srsly.

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

When we were still a "lead club", even after we went steel... we threw targets on Remington 4100s... used the 3-hole up until we bought our PATs (2004?!)... our attitude - if you could hit our targets at home, you could hit targets anywhere... and we did.

I had to re-read Bryant's proposal... other than the "professional" classification, which might appear to invalidate the ATA non-profit status... not much to really raise a ruckus - the guy is throwing out ideas... to a group many acknowledge doesn't listen anyway!

Hey... if I had a chintzy paper card and saw a guy/gal with a nice plastic ATA card - I think I'd shoot more targets just to get me one of those... I buy vanity license tags...

While I've seen some newer information provided on what an "industry" shooter was, I think in an effort of better transparency, anyone who purveys a service or receives "support" within the shooting sports industry should be classified as such...

Some of his ideas deserve consideration and regardless... I'll never let one man stand alone... maybe - we work on enforcing the all amendments to our Constitution with better emphasis on the "First"...

Not as "free" as we want to be!

best regards,

Jay

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Standby Rome wasn't built in a day.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

to

That's a non-answer.

unsurprising.

If one could buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth, the downpayment would buy most of West Virginia.

You're a blowhard, in addition to being absolutely ungracious and uncharitable.

'strive!'

18. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

to

tock

tock

tock

19. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

When did Ohio have OVER 5000 shooters in a single handicap??????????????????????

20. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

It's no wonder very few of the registered users of this site ever post anything. People come on and try to share some ideas and get attacked. If you don't like what someone posts, just don't read it, and move on. Most of you act like 7 year old spoiled brats. To be truthful, reading most of this post, I'm ashamed to say I even shoot trap. The mob mentality has certainly taken over this site.

Leave the guy alone!!!!

Tomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.