1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

to Gracoil or not to Gracoil?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ncbound, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncbound

ncbound TS Member

I am buying a new over/under and sending my stock to Graco for work. I can't decide if I should buy the "compression" butt plate or the adjustable plate with LOP adjustment.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    David M

2. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I do not feel that they do that much when it comes to recoil reduction -- I had one installed and said I wouldn't use one again -- if you want adjustment and real recoil reduction go with a Precision Fit Stock -- there is nothing out there better

3. KS user

KS user TS Member

I also have a gracoil lop on my k gun.Despite what anybody says,if it is adjusted correctly,it makes a big difference. Brandon

4. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I have them on all my competition guns, why because they work. It is hard to tell subjectively if they work or not. We tend to bend our experience to fit our expectations. (I just paid a lot of money for this so it will reduce recoil is the expectation so we tend to judge that it does.) Where I notice a quantifiable difference was in shooting doubles. Before I installed a gracoil there was a small moment when I lost vision after letting the trigger for the first bird. After instillation of gracoil, I had no loss of vision and could see the first bird break easily and pickup the second very smoothly. I didn't realize I was losing vision until I stopped losing vision. Bruce

5. KS user

KS user TS Member

It (lop) is a nice feature in the winter when you shoot with more clothes on.Brandon

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I will agree. It is nice to have the length of pull adjustment. I don't know if it is worth the $300 you pay for it though. I had a RAD II installed on a gun and I liked it a lot. With that said I don't think I will put one on my new gun. Only because I am going to use the money on something else.

7. shamlin

shamlin Member

I had a hard kickin K32 and I will tell you the Gracoil will make a big difference. Just plain old physics will tell you that. Another thing to consider is having the pitch altered correctly. I had both of these done and notice an improvement on the way my body feels the day after shooting a couple hundred. I will have them on all my guns for now on. The LOP feature is worth it if you have short arms and are going to cut the length of your stock and also if you don't plan on keeping the gun for the rest of your life. The ability to adjust the LOP will give more prospective buyers a chance at purchasing a gun that can be fitted to them.

8. ncbound

ncbound TS Member

Thanks guys.

9. KS user

KS user TS Member

Counter clockwise= stiffer

10. old tex

old tex TS Member

The Gracoil stuff is very high quality - the adj length + toe out solves two problems at once.

The kicker is the dead mule merc device that attaches to the butt plate - it adds wt. and whatever gain comes from any merc reducer.

Gary Phipps (owner) is a great guy to help you solve problems and is a gentleman besides!

unc

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Adj lop if your going to do it and they do a great job on the instalation.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gracoil pitch adjustment