1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

to Gargoyle...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Literalist, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Garg, On another thread you said you wanted an explanation of why a post is pulled. I wondered the same thing. Two of the moderators are friends of mine, so I asked them. They gave me the official, TS.com-endorsed list of reasons why threads are deleted:

1. Inappropriate language

2. Insults

3. Poster has a big nose

4. Wrong usage of apostrophes

5. Poster drives an import car

6. Wrote "barell, Barrell, or berrel" instead of "barrel."

7. Poster openly admits to liking new AA shells better than the old style

8. And...post is written with a heavy southern accent.

Hope this helps

2. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

Ouch! No. 8 is the killer.

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Those are the rules but there have been threads and posts that I and others saw nothing wrong with them but they were deleted. The question that I brought up was WHY WAS THIS THREAD OR POST DELETED. In other words what rule was broken to get it deleted? To me it does not take much at all to get something deleted even if your well within the rules.

4. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Florida is a "Right to Work State".. they can fire you if you wear a blue shirt and they don't like blue..

TS.com is a "Right to Post Site"

OR.. as my grandmother used to tell me when I complained that some rule or chore was to harsh... She would smile and say.. "We live by the Gold Standard"... "The one with the Gold sets the standards!!!"

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

That is not always true. Look at how many tyrants got tared and feather or hung because they had such an attitued. Just because someone has the gold does not mean they make the rules.

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Gargoyle!

(shaking head) You just love to argue.. . David owns the site.. He can make any rule he wants and you have NO say so in the matter.. There is nothing to argue about. IF you don't like the way he runs it.. don't bother to post.. that's easy enough.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

OK then why when other people bitch about something he jumps to? Just because some I SAID SOME people don't like it when someone saids something neg about say the ATA that thread gets deleted. It was in the rules of the site but it was about how bad the ATA is being run. When threads get deleted not on breaking the rules but on subjest then we have a tyrant on our hands. Next thing we will have a book burning night.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto me thinks you waste your time and writing ability!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

9. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate TS Member

Jerry ... According to the "official rules", posting here is not a right but rather a privilege.

I noticed that the disclaimer is now removed from the bottom of each thread. Its existance had me scratching my head some as the "rules" seem to lay out what can and cannot be done, a statement that the "owners, moderators et al" can edit, remove and worse for rule breaking. Then the disclaimer said that those same people were not going to look at the threads anyhow. It looked to me like it was back to the honor system. I wish I were not so easily confused. Maybe it's those voices.

10. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Gargoyle, go back and read the list again. You're posting in a heavy southern accent (Virginia). Anything you post is subject to being deleted because of this.

Hope this helps.

Your friend,
    EE

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Lit, is that a heavy southern accent, or a heavy southwest Iowa accent?

Just wondering?

Hauxfan!

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

All of the posts that I have read and were later deleted deserved to be deleted. I suspect the problem may be that some people do not recognize strong language and slanderous comments about others. There is a great difference between stating "you are dumb" and "that was a dumb thing to say". I believe that more posts should have been deleted sooner than they were.

Pat Ireland

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Some people need to grow a thick hide and shut up. Its getting to the point other peoples feelings are more important then anyone elses. I remember when smoking was outlawed here and there and some people thought it was their RIGHT NOW to get in your face when you lite up a cig. Its no diff here. "DAVID" HE SAID A DIRTY WORD". Come on get over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.