1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TO EVERYONE WHOS MAD AND NOT GOING

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by max trap, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max trap

max trap Member

Could everyone whos pissed off about the mandatory new shells at the grand and not going...Please cancel your motel reservations. My friend Stan Welte called and everything is booked and he needs a room. Call Stan at 402-870-0529 and let him have your room !!! He would also take a premium camping spot. Let a man who could care less about the cost of shells please have your room or camping spot !!! Thanks Ed

2. NintyT

NintyT Member

Now that's funny and sad at the same time!

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaaa..... just goes to show that real shooters will attend the Grand ... and that the whiners will pi$$ and moan about all the things that don't really affect them!

Hope your friend does find a place.

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Ed

Inquire about room 25 at Sparta motel. It may be available.

5. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Sorry - but it has NOTHING to do with "whining, pi$$ing OR moaning", Sir Ahab. Like everything else in this (once) great nation, the elitist mentality of the motorcoach & $30,000 trap gun crowd has long forgotten who really pays the freight within the ranks of the ATA. That would be Joe Average.

I sincerely hope that the ATA prices all of us "peons" out of the game completely, so those of you who have no financial worries can look at shooting campgrounds that are 3/4 empty. That way - you'll all get better looks at who has the prettiest, most expensive motorhome.

And as for prizes, at least you can all rest well - knowing that you took the Lewis class money from another rich "upper class" shooter who really does not need it, anyway.

So many fear the agenda of the anti-gunners, and the impact it may have upon the sport of shooting someday, yet they are the least of our worries. This game will self-destruct from within, just as we are seeing this country do.

It's called "class warfare", my friends............

6. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

K80433SC ... you shoot a K80 and are a "peon"????

Sir Ahab????

Methinks thou art a full vessel of bovine feces!

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

$30,000 trapguns K80?

Are those really common?

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Speaking of rooms and camping spaces, what's the deal on camping spots. there is a phone number at the website, but no one answers the phone. Are there any spaces available???? This is a crock, and I was planning to go this year!

10. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I have run into the same wall as you Setterman, but I think its not until after the 16th of March that they divvy up the remaining camping spots. That is the date lease holders have to respond by.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Well it's not a very user friendly system. One would think they would do anything to help shooters attend.

12. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Phone: (618) 295-1700 ext 8-466 or email: Steve.Anderson@illinois.gov

Try this for camping res. and below is the last form I had.

RW

WORLD SHOOTING & RECREATIONAL COMPLEX
    ELECTRIC ONLY CAMPING RESERVATION
    Note: Use a separate reservation for each event; (US.Open, Grand American, Fall Shoot)

NAME__________ ________ATA MEMBERSHIP #_______

ADDRESS___________ __________CITY__________ ________

STATE __ ____ZIP___89411____EMAIL_______ ____________

HOME PHONE #________CELL #________________

RV MAKE________ _______RV LICENSE #_________________

DRIVERS LICENSE #______VEHICLE LICENSE #____________

I WILL ARRIVE AT THE CAMPSITE ON: ____ __________________

I WILL LEAVE THE CAMPSITE ON: ______ ___________________

TOTAL NIGHTS_______________CAMPSITE NUMBER

SIGNITURE____ _____________ Amount Enclosed_

The customer will pay IDNR a daily fee of $20, or the following fees for the entire event.
    IDNR’s US OPEN…May 1st – 4th…$60
    ATA’s GRAND AMERICAN (+SCTP)…August 1st – 16th…$175
    IDNR’s Fall Classic…September 25th – 28th…$60

? THIS APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE EVENT.
    ? PAYMENT IN FULL IS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THIS APPLICATION.
    ? THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS GIVEN.

MAKE CHECKS OUT TO IDNR
    CREDIT CARD, (MasterCard or Visa), include # and expiration date

Return To: World Shooting & Recreational Complex
    Atten: Steve Anderson
    One Main Event Ln.
    Sparta, IL 62286

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

AHAB/Champion II,

If you have 3 kids shooting Grand week, that's an additional $1000 depending on shell prices at the Grand. So please go ahead and belittle those of us who could use that $1000 toward fuel to get there, food and lodging while there or even a souvenir for someone back home who couldn't go.

As for the term you seem to use loosely "REAL SHOOTERS", these kids are more excited about the Grand than Christmas. What exactly is the definition of real shooters anyway? $20,000 combo gun owners, million dollar bus owners?

I'd be happy to look you up at the Grand and introduce you to 3 REAL SHOOTERS. You know, the little guys that budget all year long to go to the Grand and support our sport on their meager earnings.

Thanks for the disparaging remarks.

Dave

14. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

It may be time for the ATA to establish a welfare program for the impoverished multitudes of K80 and Perazzi shooters who can't afford the price of luxury factory shells once-per-year...perhaps all those uberrich elitists that throw around all their money and flaunt those shiny green STS shells can help a poor trapshooter down on his luck after he spent his weekly food budget on that medically necessary Gracoil system to prevent debilitating recoil. Lets propose a $1.00 per new factory shell box purchase fee for the filthy rich to help needy K80 or Perazzi shooters afford their dream of a factory new case of shells at the Grand. The new ATA "Make Shells Affordable Program" sponsored by fat cat trapshooters who want to help out the "little guy" will go a long way.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

FlaLagarto- Thanks for your suggestion about a "tent city". Some 35 years ago at Vandalia we had one. At the West end traps (before they added more banks), the ATA had a large shade tent for shooters. In the evening, several of us each year would pull up our cars, get out a cot, visit for a time and go to sleep. We got up early, hit the showers and then had breakfast in the cafeteria. It was fun. Fond memories of my youth.

Pat Ireland

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I can not believe some of you guys. It is absolutely amazing how people that go to the Grand are not flying in on their own learjet then dropped off with their helicopter at the shoot.

What is a matter with you? If you are bringing your family, how dare you stoop low enough to save a few bucks driving a vehicle...most dangerous form of transportation there is.

If you can't afford to budget for your own learjet and helicopter, then maybe you should just stay home.

Posted by:

upper, upper class.

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Bill: I did the same thing with STS AND Federal Paper Shells. I have many flats and only shoot them for the important events. Nothing like the smell of paper Fderals. Fred

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

This is a very sad thread. I shoot all year in every kind of weather, why because I love the game. I am the president of a gun club and have spent every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the last 10 years at the club keeping it open so those that want to shoot 1 round a week can do so. Anyone that knows me will till you I am ALWAYS there. I have attended 1 Grand for 3 days. The 100. Why just 1? That's all I can afford.The majority of the shooters in ATA have never been to a Grand and will never go. You see what has happened to the option money, it's gone. Who do you think will be paying all those big boys when the money is not there? If they ( the big dogs ) never got another dime in winnings do you think you would see them at all the big shoots. Wake up it's all the little guys that keep this sport alive.
    I would love to go to Sparta just to see it and maybe shoot a couple of events but that's 4 days of driving for me, and 2 extra nites in a motel. Bernie.

19. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I keep reading all these statements of what is wrong with the ATA Grand American. Before I start let me say I am a weekend shooter I only average 23 on a good day.As far as the good shooters go they will always be there and a lot of us will never reach that height, that is why they have handy cap for the ones who can't. Another thing is there guns, yes I would like to own a $30000 gun and at this time in life I can afford it. I could not afford a k 32 when they were $1000 so I shoot a Browning Broadway. Then when the kids came along I couldn't afford to shoot that much so I set the gun aside to provide for them. Now I can afford to shoot the Grand,but I still can,t win the big money. I don't want to seem heartless and I know money is tight but you as myself choose to have kids no matter how many. If this is what you want for them then I am sure you can find the money maybe you can't shoot as many of the events so they can shoot. And as far as the guns go you don't need a $30000 to win I shoot with people who have shoot the Grand on a regular basics and some shoot Model 12, 870 even 1100 and shoot quite well. I may get blasted for this and I know, I repeat I know what is to sacrifice so the kids can play. So get mad if you will but Man up if you can't shoot with the big boy then shoot in your class shoot your gun and just have fun.
    Pete

20. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

OK, let's make some money! If you have a camping spot or a motel reservation, add a fair but reasonable profit to it and sell it to ole Stan Welte. It has already been stated that money is not an object.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.