1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To drop ATA membership

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would type up a very formal letter of resignation and inform the President of the ATA why you are resigning while informing him that if you decide to shoot more in the future that you will send him a formal letter of reinstatement reinstating yourself into the ATA.

Seriously though just dont pay your dues and let it lapse ... if you ever wish to join again do it as a renewal or whatever they term it as.

2. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Togather we stand apart we fall pay your dues and stay a member ! Strenght in numbers .Starting shooting you will get better with age !

Pat Kelley

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Paying to be a member and not shooting any ATA targets is not a waste of money. You are donating money to the ATA which will be used to promote the sport of trapshooting. Besides, its only $20 a year.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Squibb- My first thought is that the basic problem is you have elected not to shoot any ATA events. This problem is easily resolved by shooting more ATA events. You must learn the basic necessities for life. They are: food, a good trap gun, shelter, shells,several ATA events each month including doubles and clothing.

If not interested in the basic essentials of life, one may simply not pay ATA dues and cease to be a member of the organization. If the person ever joins the ATA again, he will need is original ATA number. All past ATA records remain permanently associated with the shooter.

Pat Ireland

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Pat said! Remember your basic food groups. Red Dot, Claybuster, and Lawrence food groups.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Shooting Coach, you forgot chocolate - the base of the pyramid of food groups; you know, protien, vegetables/fruit, carbohydrates, and CHOCOLATE!......Bob Dodd

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Rick, don't worry, I'll check it for you as long as you are concerned. Did you change addresses or something like that? Or check "new shooter" on you application? That's easy enough to check,; we keep them all.

If there's a problem you will only lose your handicap targets and trophies and money and so on for the last 60 days, and then only if you are at the wrong yardage. What yardage did you quit at? What yardage did you start shooting at when you rejoined in 1980?

Neil

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Another example of a really irrelevant thread.....

Ronbo

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Retain a Lawyer, Have him draw formal papers for all parties involved.

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Rick, It could be a VERY long wait if you are expecting Neil to check it out for you. I've been waiting for going on 3 years now for him to get back to me with a solution to a problem with the ATA.

Still in Arizona at the big shoot Neil????

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- As a sporting man, I would bet a Diet Coke that when you joined again, you checked the box that said new member. You could let Neil check out this question or you could make a quick call to the ATA office. You will need your current ATA number and if you have it, your old ATA number. If you do not have your old number, than the last year you shot under your old number, and your address at that time would also bring up the required information.

Or, you could post this information and I am sure someone would have an old average book for the last year you shot under your first ATA number.

Pat Ireland

12. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

BDodd -
    Bob, I respectfully disagree with your dietary listing. Everyone knows that the food pyramid consists of cheeseburgers, fries, pizza, and chocolate; in that order! Oh, don't forget the beer and cokes. Need those carbs!

Best,
    Dennis

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Eddie, the SI site is fine, your address for it is kaput.

Neil

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Squibb; After you play games Fri. Nite you could come back for the shoot on Sat. I am sure you would be welcome as long as you are not a 7 day aventist. By the way I will see you Fri.

Don

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I moved from Minnesota to Alberta, I was assigned a new ATA number with 03 as the State Code for Alberta. The ATA later changed the starting number to represent the year of first entry to the ATA. My original records with the Minnesota number were converted to my then new ATA number.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Don't do anything and they will forget about you in due time, or send a letter to the President explaining why you are dropping out of the organization and any other information that could help them make some or consider some changes at sometime in the future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

I have not shot ATA targets since 1988, pay my dues each year and also to the CGSTA. It is money well spent as it goes to suport the shooting sports. I am getting close to shooting again as I cary my card and the blank average card in my wallet now.

Clyde

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Bill -

Only someone like you could expect an entire organization to change because you don't like the way it's run.

Shouldn't you be on bowling.com about now?

Scott

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Scott,

Only someone like you would find that I said anything such as you imply, now open your eyes and read whats written not what you think is being written ...

Show me where I said that or even anything that remotely sounds like it ... You been in Illinois to long as your getting paranoid about anything anyone says about the ATA ... I did not say anything about my liking or not liking the way the ATA is run, I made a suggestion which is more than you have done ... WPT ... (GFY) <<<< ---- Theres another suggestion for you ...

PS ...
    I have my schedule close to worked out so I can shoot and bowl on certain days and or evenings so one don't overlap the other ... Then theres the car shows so I have plenty to keep me busy ...

20. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Well Ronbo .... I think it is more a matter of an irrelevant post, yours! I am thinking that there are a lot of shooters who read Neil's reply saying, "damn, I didn't know that. Good info is never wasted because one person sees it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.