1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$ to be a US citizen?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Setterman, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My daughter married an Aussie (military). He's doing the citizenship plan 100% legit. He has to leave the country every 3 months prior to becoming a "cit", they've hired an attorney to do the documents, and paid all the customs fees to date. They were married 3 years ago. He's co-owner of US property, works at BP Oil in security, and pays taxes.

So what do you think he's spent so far to become a citizen?

$7,855

And we wonder why Mexicans jump the fence? Either secur it, or let'm all in.
    Do it right...$7,855. Do it el cheapo....$17.95...Costco 12' ladder.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

You mean the marriage doesn't get him in? Talk about a fouled up Country, it is us.

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Setterman,

What visa does he presently hold?

Chichay

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I did not realize how much my country can extorte from me until I married a citizen from Canada, What goes on in the whole system is a crime. If I go on more I will only get myself pissed for the whole day.......

GS

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Chichay, I'd have to call him to find out. They've been married 3 years. Just yesterday, he had to be at Detroit for a meeting with the immigration folks. I can't believe the hoops he has to jump thru.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

ahhhh but if he was a muslim (moslem) he would have already been welcomed with open arms.. Just do a search on Obammies Aunt zeituni, she is in public housing in Boston and has been on the dole! Was ordered out in 04 but didn't leave. Sad situation!

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Setterman,

As a citizen, your daughter could have sponsored him for a Green Card, which would have allowed him to stay in the US permanently (without having to leave every 3 mos) while awaiting citizenship. Typical wait from permanent residency to citizenship is 5 years. I do not know if this is expedited in case of marriage. I'm a little confused about their situation. I've pasted the above URL to a website that might be helpful. If I could be of further help please PM me. I've gone through the process.

Chichay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.