1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

To all the Bush bashers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chipped1, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

George W's selection of two fine jurists paved the way to protecting our Second Amendment rights. Alito and Roberts will be the Bush legacy.

Chip

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

All people that love to shoot and value freedom owe him a great deal.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Amen!!!

Curt

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

This why Its important to support McCain in this election. Regardless how we feel. If Obama gets in were sure to see at least three more libs on the court.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He dosen't get to appoint until there is a opening. Pray that no one retires or dies.

Don

6. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Grunt,

No matter who wins the election -- you will see more liberals on the court. Remember it was Bush1 that gave us that bag of excrement David Souter.

Chip

7. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

And we have not been hit since 9/11 We will miss him wh/en he is gone. Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Does anyone really believe that McCain will appoint a constructionist to the Supreme Court? He has two strikes against him already:

1) He sided with the Dems, when Senate Republicans held a narrow majority in the Senate. Democrats were using the filibuster threat to hold up Bush's nominees. The Republicans threatened to change the filibuster rule to only apply to laws. McCain sided with seven liberal Democrats to thwart this move. This group is known as the "Gang of Fourteen", and it was McCain who did the dealing. He crossed the aisle and spat in the face of his own caucus.

2) If he is elected, with a predicted widening majority of Democrats in the Senate, it's unlikely that he will get any nominee to even a hearing by the Senate Judiciary Committee. With the likes of Kennedy and the other left wingers, there is no chance of getting a conservative appointed to any Federal Court.

Best,
    Dennis

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well I guess we should throw in the towel. Ill take my chances with McCain.No other choices that I know of Bob Barr may be a good choice. I dont think he has a chance. I may be wrong.

10. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Many of us will take our chances with McCane; however, our expectations will be very low.

Chip

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Kennedy will not be a senator for much longer

12. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

13. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Well JBBOR,

Thanks for the link -- can't say I know anything about the academics so I guess you have given me a homework assignment.

Chip

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Maybe a "Pelican Brief" plot is needed for a correction???

Curt

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

McCain at least says he will make the important conservative appointment. He may not be telling the truth, but I know its more conservative than Obama's pick would be.

16. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

tripod has it right. With Obama you know what you will get, especially when Rev. Wright continues to advise him. At least with McCain there is some hope.

17. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is harder for conservatives to get their nominee approved by the Senate. The left can get a lawyer from the ACLU approved, but on the right they have to get someone who has kept his conservatism hidden. Just the system the way it is. The left runs this country right now. That is why everything is so screwed up. It won't be any easier with more Democrats coming into the Senate.

18. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Jessie Ventura

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Vote None of the above.LOL Jeff

20. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The sum total of knowedge exhibited on this thread makes a joke of our republic. I am saddened by the fact your vote counts the same as mine. The only consolation I have is the fact that most of you are too lazy and apathetic to get out and vote.

This President put up two constructionist judges and the gun owners of our country just got a great decision - (no ambiguity anymore - gun ownership is an individual right!!).

As the future draws near, please realize if you vote for Obama, you are voting for at least one more Ruth Bader Ginsberg type on the court - a liberal revisionist. If you own guns and just stay home in the election and do absolutely nothing, you are voting for Obama and his picks for judges and department heads (who will go back to the Clinton hunter cut-off policies and will make the BATF even worse than they already are).

There is much more I should write, but I am tired and we are shooting tomorrow. I hope everyone here thinks long and hard about the upcoming election, how close this SCOTUS vote was, how important presidential appointments are, and what kind of America do you want to live in. Please do not support super-lib Obama - get out and vote for McCain - better to have even a small chance insead of No Chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.