1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TN/SCTP State Shoot Goes Well

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Just finished up a demanding 7 day Event at Tenn Clay Target Complex. We had the State SCTP Championship here.

The shoot was very well run. I, along with many others, were involved in the shoot.

Chad Whittenberg and Andrew Peercy were the Tenn Wildlife Federation Shoot Directors.

TWRA handled some of the scoring and loading chores. Our Gun Club Staff took care of the clubhouse, Skeet and Sporting Clays.

Ray Hutcheson and I were responsible for Trap Service and Facilities, including trash collection. The amount of trash that approximately 1200 shooters, along with parents, coaches, supporters and vendors produce is something you must experience to believe. We had four college football players pulling trash from "daylight to dark" and they were barely able to keep up with the kids. Great job, guys!

I was pretty busy and only had time to take a few pics, but am well pleased with the way the shoot turned out.

Ray flew a helicopter in Vietnam and was injured defending his country. A truly great man. The handsome fellow in the orange shirt is yours truly.

All in all, a great shoot that was run smoothly and went well. We had a total of THREE machine failures, the worst taking about 20 minutes to fix. About 30 hours of service prior to the shoot really paid off.

Looking forward to doing it again.

2. Shooting Coach

One of the few pics I had time to take.

3. Shooting Coach

Dead Bird!

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Coach,

1200 kids is impressive, glad to see that many kids participating. Very cool!

We had just under 400 at our WI Sate SCTP shoot this year which was up over 50% from last year.

Why don't you demand the shooters pick up their own hulls, that field is a mess. We won't let our kids get away with that. The field is clear when they leave it, or they don't shoot the next.

SW

5. Shooting Coach

When each squad finished, they did indeed pick up their hulls.

6. shrek

shrek Active Member

looks good!!!!

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Coach, really enjoyed meeting you and Ray! We shot there for 5 days, only problems we had was once when a Mack truck backed up and "dropped" a big huge empty dumpster about 20 yards from the kids in the middle of a round and then left the back up beeper on for 10 minutes while he shot the crap with his buddy..lol.. the other problem was the motley crue who was scoring for the AIM shoot.. they didnt know if they were washing or hanging out.. lol.. Ray had one coach give him a good cussing because of a mechanical problem he had absolutly no control over.. Its sad that as much hard work you guys do that you have to deal with a##holes like him.. You all really done a fine job.. thank you!

8. Shooting Coach

Dear Cloud

That Coach was a little amped up, but we seldom have trouble with the young athletes. It is the parents and coaches we have to endure.

The longest that one of the three machine failures, during a seven day Monster Shoot, took to repair was about 20 minutes.

I apologize for the trash truck snafu, but we were not aware of if, and had no control over them.

Thanks for being patient, and great to meet you.

Hope to see you at another shoot. Don't forget the ATA Zone shoot next month. Ray and I will be there, setting/repairing traps, pulling trash, and scrubbing toilets, if needed. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.