1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TMX vs. TM-1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I just finished reading a thread about how wonderful the TMX is. Sounds like a great gun with a very strong fan base for objective reasons. I am curious if the TM-1 "feels and points" the same; outside of the higher rib on the TMX, what is the difference between the two, both subjective, feel, and objective?

Thanks,

David

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have them both. No difference except the TMX had the taper rib & a lot of TM1's were the wide parallel ribs. The TM1 may be a bit faster,the TMX better for 2 eye due to high rib. If you shoot one eye,either is fine,flip a coin. Just get one that is as close to factory original as possible. These always have the best balance/swing.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I'm a one eyed shooter and do better with the higer ribbed TMX. To me, both move the same with the exception of the 32" TM-1 which is a little speedier.

By todays standards, the TMX is more a mid rib than a high rib gun.

Surfer

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've owned them both and feel the TMX is much easier to shoot.It swings very nicely,a fast pointing gun. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.