Trapshooters Forum banner

TMX Special. By the "Gun DR". Sold at $3800

7K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 · (Edited)
A total refurb by Doug Braker with parts supplied from my inventory. New blue, trigger at 4# and gilded, perfect TMX (Yes, a genuine TMX stock) at 1-3/8 DAC as you see it. the bbl is one of Perazzi best. Perfect concentric circles. The choke is #6 for singles. Do not have a #8 at the moment, but Briley and Wright have numerous choices if you want a long yardage pattern. This gun will just cover my costs at $3800. But it is far better than the rest that come across for sale. Supplied in a Negrini case.

Gun Rifle Wood Shotgun Air gun
Gun Firearm Shotgun Wood Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Wood Shotgun

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#13 ·
My first Perazzi was a Rem 870 field grade that I got talked into shooting a round of ATA back in '64. I broke 95 that day with that gun and did not break a 25 strate. Needless to say, I went right out and bought a "Y" model and never came close to that in about 3 other events. End of ATA career.

#14 ·
Goin down the road today... Doug did a great job of fitting polishing, bluing, and making the technicals right. Will feel and look like a new gun. Break it in with automotive 10-30w on the hinge, iron radius and back of forend lug. Once yo get it the stiffness to your liking, switch to Wheel bearing grease from NAPA. then the gun will never show wear at those points ever again.

Thanks again Gary and same to all my friends that know about the guns that enter/exit my portal. Lastly, thanks to Doug Braker. A friend of 28 years... Adn a friend to all of you.

Jack Swanson, 87-01936 and looking forward to the ATA season now just around the corner.

#15 ·
Jack,
I took note of your break in instructions. I wish I had a guy like you around a few years back. From the looks of this gun I hope our paths cross in the future when I see something I can't resist.

And it wouldn't hurt to have a pal like Rodney around to nudge me a little. (I'm not sure where in Colorado you're from Rodney, I'm originally from Alamosa.)

#16 ·
Buyer envisioned a different stock. I get the gun back today and will take some addl pictures. Still a dyn-o-mite gun. I hope... I pack guns to get there and hope they return as they left...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.