1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TMX shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I have never shot a TMX, but would like some feedback from those who shoot or have shot one from long yardage. Are they a good long yardage hdc. gun.? POI? reliability and anything else that may be helpful to someone who is thinking about purchasing one. Thanks for your input in advance.

Steve

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

i like your answer Sarge - Semper Fi

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Some people cannot shoot a gun with a high rib or an unsingle, it is a preference thing. The TMX is a very reliable gun as is the TM1. Semper Fi MikeTMX

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Geez, Sarge, you've owned 4 and couldn't find one you could shoot doubles with??

Thanks, Mike, I have owned unsingles and high rib guns. Don't think that would be a problem.

Steve

5. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Just picked up a used TMX in late June of this year. Was shooting a Perazzi MX3 Special top single. Recently, I've become very recoil sensitive with the MX3 Special and I felt I needed a change. I find there is a big difference in how the two Perazzi's handle. The TMX is lighter in weight and quicker to the target. I'm not sure if this is because of the high rib or strictly due to a difference in weight.

The balance is superb on both guns. Haven't patterned for POI because I shoot both guns exactly the same and they both smoke targets. The TMX has much less felt recoil, Tom Wilinson had stamped the barrel, but I don't know what work he has done. The MX3 Special is all factory with no barrel work. The LOP on the TMX is 1/2 inch shorter than the MX3 Special and the stock is extremely straight. The MX3 special is cast off and is unpleasant to shoot because of the felt recoil.

I like the TMX as it seems very lively and moves quicker to the target than the MX3. Because of the straight stock, I am able to hold it closer to my face on my shoulder and keep my head more erect. My gun holds for handicap have changed (moved up), which is contrary to things I've learned or thought to be the best method over the years, but now I can actually smoke a target from long yardage handicap. My singles average with the TMX over the first thousand targets fired at is 1.3% higher than my last 5000 targets with the MX3 Special(97.1% to 95.8%).

I'm suspicious of why I'm shooting better with the TMX. Perhaps because I'm working harder with the new gun, perhaps the gun fit is more optimum and the reduction in felt recoil is helping me, perhaps it is an aberration and I my sample size of targets is not large enough to predict that I am truly shooting better with the TMX. After 2 months, I am really enjoying my TMX.

Play Dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.