Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMX or TM - 1

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  OLD ONE EYE 
#1 ·
Other than rib height, what are the differences between these two fine trap guns?

#4 ·
After the limited research that I have done on the two models that was about all the differences that I could find also......do they function the same in every way? Other than rib & comb height is there any advantage of one over the other?

#6 ·
I have a TMX and 2 TM1's one of the TM1's has a Moneymaker hi rib installed they are all the same except for the trigger in the TMX special it is adjustable. The TMX has a soft touch stock the TM1 with the high rib has a PFS to get on top of the rib the other has a Anton set of wood. IMHO they are the best buy in a single barrel trap gun they have it all quality style and durability. I prefer single barrel guns for balance and pointabilty so if money were a critical factor a BT 99 be my gun of choice the older big bore BT guns are the best SBT guns for the money ever produced I remember when they were 395.00 brand new. I think the TM's were only 895.00 when introduced in the early 80's

#8 ·
Some people have trouble shooting with the high rib gun as they have a tendency to shoot off the mass of the barrel rather than the rib. I have experimented quite a bit this year shooting a conventional rib MX-3 top single and my high rib TMX with the same 80/20 POI. My averages in Singles and Handicap are about the same with either gun but on a real hot day the TMX has the advantage of less heat waves and I can keep my head a bit more upright with the high rib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.