1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TMX forearm help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FLAKETM, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I have another thread going on recoil devices but can somebody tell me how to take the hardware off a TMX forearm. It's unlike the MX series -- no allenheads at the receiver end. Thanks so much. Be kind. I'm a dummy.

2. map@neo

map@neo Member

TMX and TMI are the same. Hold the complete forearm in one hand near the top and push down on the release "button". Looking inside the forearm you will notice a small opening. You can view the release button shaft moving up and down as you push the "button"(as if you were removing it from the barrel).
    At one point during during this process you will see a small slotted lock screw
    head appear in that opening I mentioned. Remove the screw and the release
    "button" with spring will slide out the end of the forend iron housing. Now take your Perazzi stock wrench and slide it down the forend iron housing
    and unscrew the iron. It should now be removed from the wood. One big tip: When reassembling, take some "white-out" and paint the small flatspot on the "button"
    shaft. You will be able to see where to line it up in the opening to re-install the lock screw!!! Good Shooting.
    MAP

3. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

MAP
    Thank you so much.
    Guy

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

MAP, I unscrewed the rod from the unit but the iron imbedded in the wood
    won't budge. The forearm was refinished. I'm wondering if the finish is holding it. Would a gentle tap work, using the tip of a screwdriver inserted in the area where the barrel lug fits???

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

The tap worked. All fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.