1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TMX Breech Face Repair Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ExFedex, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Might be facing a repair to the firing pin hole area in breech face soon. Some say get it welded, others say get it bored out and a bushing put in like BT-99. Would like input from those with experience in this repair on a TMX type. Thanks for your help in this matter. Bill H.

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I've had the bushing done (Laibs), and have seen some others that were welded.

I'd do the bushing. It's fairly easy to put a nice piece of hardened steel in for a bushing. It's a little harder to harden the weld - and you'll be back with the caved in hole in time.

Laibs charges more if it's been previously welded. Guess it makes the bushing a little more of a pain.

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Go with Laibs in Minn. they have been doing tm & mx s for years. All their work is A-1

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks gentlemen. You confirmed my thinking on that matter.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I bought my TMX used about 21 years ago, I thought I would soon need the repair so I used a drill bit just to remove any jagged edge on the firing pin hole. After 21 years the breech face has not gotten any worse and Phil Crenwelge told me that it doesn't need the repair yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.