1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TMX and XT or New XT Unsingle Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ryvpete, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryvpete

ryvpete TS Member

I would like to get some opinions of a scenario I'm considering. I currently shoot a 34" TMX Special for singles and caps and a 32" XT OU for doubles. I've seen one of the XT Unsingle Combos at the club receintly and am considering selling my TMX and my XT and picking up a 34" x 32" unsingle combo. I shoot the TMX pretty good and have always shot the XT good too. TMX has a great, I mean GREAT, trigger. What else would I be giving up by going with the combo? Unsingle has the nice adjustable rib. I don't have enough money to pick up a Perazzi doubles gun so would this be a good option?

Bust'em All!!

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

The TMX is a great gun and my opinion one of the best Perazzi has made. If you go to the XT combo you'll need to learn how to shoot the unsingle, but the O/U will be the same as you shoot now , most likely. Your decision is one only you can determine. You have all that you need right now and I don't know that you will improve on the TMX with the Browning unsingle.

Whatever your decision I wish you well.

Steve

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

For whatever my opinion is worth to you I am very happy to own a TMX and a separate gun for Doubles. I have the right POI for me in each gun and if I ever need a backup gun I can use the Doubles gun but so far in 20 years a backup has not been necessary.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I will throw out one point. When you have one gun as in the combo. Once you are tuned into that gun all there is to do is change the barrels. When you have two diff. guns to shoot. Sometime it can hurt your scores because of the diff. gun configuration. I have the unsingle xt combo and it took some getting used too, but once I got it figured out I love it. I will also tell you that I have a bt99 that I like and shoot very well. Good luck with your decision.

5. ryvpete

ryvpete TS Member

Thanks for you input. That is one problem that I am having, when I switch between guns the feel and triggers are so different that I struggle for the first couple of shots until my brain gets rewired for the different timing. That I why I've been considering the combo; just changing the barrels shouldn't force me to rewire as the timing never changes.

Bust'em All!!

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I shoot a TMX Special for both singles and caps. I tried a 3200 trap special with a Stan Baker unsingle and could never get comfortable with it. So I use the 3200 double for dbls and the TMX for everything else. Stay with the TMX, I believe they are one of the best guns around. RG

7. lucky one

lucky one TS Member

I would keep what you have and invest getting the xt trigger tuned to near the same as the tmx ... if possible. Better yet get a 682 combo and be set for life.

Lucky One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.