1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM9 & TM9X

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MX10RS, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX10RS

MX10RS Member

Are there any of the new Perazzi's out there? If you own one, what do you think of it? Are there any adjustments to the TM9? Do both have drop out triggers? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In September I got to shoulder each gun that Ray Stafford had at the Western Grand. Both guns have a drop out trigger and Ray had a Precision Gold trigger fitted to his TM9X. The TM9 has a fixed rib and looking down the rib it felt like a regular TM1 or like an MX3 Single barrel. The TM9X felt like looking down the rib of a TMX. Beautiful guns.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Mike, did you happen to notice how much downward pitch there is to the rib on the fixed-rib model. That is, basically, how high - in a very general way - would you guess it's been designed to shoot?

Neil

4. miketmx

I don't remember how much the fixed rib sloped, I think a little more than a TM1. I see a little space between the beads of my TMX and MX3 single barrel and both guns shoot 8 inches high at 35 yards. Ray said that he had Tom Wilkinson add another notch to the rib adjustment and also bend the barrel on his TM9X. Ray said he got it to shoot the POI where he likes it and he said that Wilkinson claimed it was shooting 34 inches high @ 40 yards.

5. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

34 inches high at 40 yards--what does stafford do;spot shoot?

6. MOP

MOP Active Member

Whatever he does, it works.

7. miketmx

At the Western Grand, Ray broke 399 out of 400. He is very smooth and seems to call for the target at the instant the recoil pad touches his shoulder and it looks like he holds a pretty high gun. He fine tunes the POI to his liking by actually shooting at targets and maybe Wilkinson has a different concept of sight picture.

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

As we discussed on another thread, I have a TM-9X. There is no adjustments on a TM-9. The TM-9X has an adjustable comb and rib. Best pointing gun that I've ever shot. Both have removable triggers.

Ed Yanchok

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=200863&Messages=21

9. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I had lunch with Dan yesterday and ended up buying a TM9-X from him. I had looked at the gun last year at Tucson and really liked it. I have already sent the trigger to Allem to convert to release. I will probably have the trigger back around Christmass and will start to shoot the gun then. Until then I will keep working over the quail, chukar and bass. Dove and turkeys reopen next week, so I might bother them also.

Vince McNamara

10. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Who has the new perazzi TM9X for sale in stock.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I thought I heard or read here that the TM9's were not made in the Perazzi factory. Is that true and, if so, why?

12. Squeal

Squeal Member

Try Stafford

"Who has the new perazzi TM9X for sale in stock."

13. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

There was a 9 for sale on Gunbroker, last week.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.