1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM9 and TM 9-X vs. TM-1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I am curious; I note that the prices for the new SBT Perazzi shotguns, the TM-9 and TM-X are sky very high. Are these guns substancial improvements over the old TM-1 and TM-X series? It seems they offer little or no advantage over a Perazzi action that can also shoot an OU set of barrels, at least in price.

Please enlighten; I have seen picturs of those new SBT's and must admit that they do look stunning. But so did the TM-1 and TM-X when fresh and/or new.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

TM-9 is a TM-1 with sculpted receiver, TM-9X is a TM-1 with sculpted receiver & adj. rib. Perazzi made TM-10 with adj. rib before, didn't do well at the time.

TM-1 is very popular in recent years simply because it's the least expensive Perazzi you can find on used market, not because it's superior than any other Perazzis. Remake something at high cost is not a smart move.

The MSRP of TM-9 is same as MX-15, and TM-9X is $1500 higher than MX-15. I failed to see any advantage from buying a TM-9 or 9X that limit to a single barrel at this price.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you want a top single, MX-3 or MX-5 is even less expensive than a MX-15. And they both can add an O/U as well.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You don't have to worry about what you price them if they aren't readily available. Folks with plenty of money will always be attracted to things that are scarce. If I could get a premium for something and not have the tooling costs I'd do it. If you can make 3 times the profit per gun then you only have to make them at 1/3 the rate.

Not my way to run a railroad but it doesn't cost P much to run it this way. As messed up as the European Union economy is they may need to do strange things outside the box to survive it.

Regardless of their existence, the two (one of each versions) I saw at the Grand last year were both beautiful and felt smooth as butter. Typical Perazzi ultra high quality. When I hit the lottery, I'm going to own a 9X.

5. joehunter

joehunter Member

The TM9 and the TM9X are both nice guns,and feel great. It all depends if you want the latest and greatest.The TM1 and TMX are classics and their are tons of them out there. Trap shooters are always looking for that magic gun. I am trying a MX10 RS because an adjustable rib will help me get that one extra target that my MX3 Special can't??

Joey

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'm in the MX3 camp as manyof you rknow.That said, the MX15 is a tremendous value. But the new stock config of the TM9 guns is very attractive and sleek. I like them all.

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I'm in the TM1 TMX camp so the TM9 looks good to me they seem to balance and point better for me than the O/U guns with a single barrel installed. I did shoot a O/U with a unsingle barrel fixed rib that I should have bought it had a Wilkinson barrel and I shot it lights out just did not have the cash at the time and it sold fast. Buddy

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a TM-1 and a TMX, wish I would of kept my MX-2000 Combo and bought a top single for it and had the best of all worlds ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.