1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 trigger fit trouble

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mcneeley5, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

I just recieved a TM1 pull trigger to buy. When I put it in my TM1 special I find an 1/8" gap in the front of the trigger. I got out another TM and tried it with the same result, what gives?? The guy I bought from is fine with returning my money, no problems there. He says that this trigger fit his TM's fine. Mike
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

My TM1 number matched trigger mic's 4.182 (not including the front tab), the bought trigger 4.05. Would you mic your trigger and please post?

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Sounds like it was ground down to fit another gun.

4. DHN-MN

DHN-MN TS Member

I don't have a mic but according to a rule, the trigger opening on my TMS receiver and two different triggers I have for it measure about 4 3/16" (4.1875). For whatever reason it appears that the bought trigger was shortened.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with a Release trigger that I bought for my TMX. I solved the problem by swapping the trigger guard from another spare trigger. I had to drive out the one pin that holds the trigger guard.

6. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Upon careful exam I can see where the trigger has been ground. By following the factory etched line on the trigger bottom you can see where it is gone/ground. Thanks guys, Mike

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

That happens occasionally.A good gunsmith can weld the rear and re-fit it to your gun.Talk to Doug Braker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.