1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1-TMX Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Are TM-1 and TM-X triggers interchangeable?

A friend of mine has a release on order, but it isn't here yet, and he wants to try out my TM-1 release in his newly acquired TM-X.

Will it work?

Thanks for your answers...

Hauxfan!

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I tried to fit a TM1 roller release trigger into my TMX and it would not fit... almost...but no. Waiting for my Allum's trigger. Fred

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Most Perazzi triggers need to be fitted to each receiver, some will fit others won't.

Surfer

5. Hauxfan

Well, maybe some of them will interchange, but not all.

My TM-1 trigger would go into his TM-X just fine, but it would not cock the hammer.

No biggie, as his trigger was sent in to Phil to have it made into a release. He should be getting it any day now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Hauxfan!

6. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

When I had my TM-9X I sent the trigger to John Allem to convert to a roller release. He sent then trigger back and it went in the gun fine and functioned perfectly. There was no additional work done to the receiver or stock.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Haux. There might be a "relief" issue. But it may go into th egun if you loosen the stock a touch. Try that.

8. Hauxfan

MIA, it went into the gun just fine. It failed to cock the hammer, so I'm thinking the cocking mechanism wasn't quite the right length for a TM-X.

Like I said, no biggie as he was only going to borrow it for one night because he acquired this nearly new TM-X that he wanted to try shooting a release.

He had taken his trigger to the Grand to have it converted to a release, and Phillips was supposed to have his trigger back to him the 16th, but here it is the 24th and he is still waiting on it.

I'm sure it will be coming soon.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are tm 1 and tmx triggers interchangable