1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1/TMX Owners - Take Note

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I feel the need to pass on some information regarding folks shooting the Perazzi TM1/TMX shotguns.

Firstly, these guns are old and obsolete, but a helluva shooting gun. I earned my way to the 27 with one many years ago.

Unfortunately, parts for these guns are almost totally unavailable. Firing pins and springs are and a few other items are. But because I have been receiving a high number of emails and calls requesting internal parts, and because I have nearly exhausted my supply, owners should be cognizant that at some point their gun will probably be unserviceable without the intervention of a machinist/gunsmith to make the parts.

I have searched the globe high and low attempting to pick up as many of these parts as I can. I convinced Marcello in Italy to make a few of these parts, but as time passes, you are just NOT going to be able to find replacement parts. You will always find something, but you may require a part no longer available and then will not be able to continue to shoot yours.

If you are stuck on shooting one of these fine Perazzi's, I would whole-heartedly recommend that you pick up a second gun to serve as a "scrounge gun" for parts.

I've not had the new TM9 in the shop, but I have been told by Perazzi USA, and the late Mike Greenblatt, Bless his kind soul, (PerazziBigBore) that most of the TM9 parts do NOT interchange with the TM1/TMX guns.

Good luck in your search and if you have some parts available, let the folks on this site know. I get the definite vibe that soon almost nothing will be found.

Think ahead if you intend to shoot your TM1/X for sometime.

Whiz White

moderator_2008_030339.jpg

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

How time flies I can remember when the TMX came out. Trevor Dawe

3. whiz white

I have told the story of when I shot the 99 in the Vandalia Handicap at the Grand the very first year I shot ATA.

When I walked off the line after firing my last shot, I was greeted by Buford Bailey, "Mr. Singles", who said I needed a better gun. I shot the event with an 870 Trap I'd won about a month prior and Ray Stafford bent my barrel at my state shoot.

Buford took me to Ljutic's booth, but Al and Buford could not come to terms, so he put his arm on my shoulder saying we were going down (up near the Admin building) to Perazzi. I bought a new TM1 right there on the spot and had it shipped to my friend's gunshop in Rapid City, South Dakota.

It was a tight shooting gun, but with it, I made the 27 that next summer. And, like most idiots, once on the 27, I thought I needed a "better" gun, so I opted for a new combo. Dumb me! I tried to buy it back, but it eventually got burned up in a guy's home fire.

Yes, it seemed like yesterday.

WW

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Buford was quite a guy.Wasn't he Whiz? Always ready to help out a young shooter. I miss him.

I do shoot a TMX, but have the MX 14L combo that you put a return lever spring in last winter. Thanks for the heads-up.

Steve Elliott

5. atanut

atanut TS Member

And what is obsolete about my TM1 Special?

Can't wait to hear.

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have a TMS and I guess it falls into that category also.

I guess all good things, at some time, will come to an end. Until that time I will continue to shoot mine. I carry a lot of spare parts with me to the shoots in case I might need one. V trigger springs, bridle, bridle pin, forearm button release rod and spring are some I can think of.

I did buy an extra top lever, off this site, a few years back and have not needed it. It is in a Perazzi plastic package and I think it has a small spring and a pin with it. It is the narrow diameter and I would sell it if the price was right. If you need one or want a spare make me an offer.

What is the top lever, spring and pin package worth now? I do not remember what I paid for it and not sure if I even have a record as I was not planning on ever selling it. I figured I would need it sooner or later. Seems as seller had bought gun parts at an auction from a shop that had closed and was selling the parts on here. Could be more than a few years back....not sure.

I also bought a painted stock and forearm that is a reddish color with white Perazzi decal on sides. Very nice looking. I think it has adjustable soft comb and has a new pad on it. It too may be adjustable but I am not sure. Stock bolt is also still in it. It too was bought off this site years back. LOP is 14.5 if I remember right. Offers??? Can PM me for information or return phone number and time to call.

Thanks Ray

7. joehunter

joehunter Member

Perazzi still makes TM1 and TMX parts for Giacomo Sporting. Just give Dan a call if you need anything for these great guns. Giacomo made a agreement with Perazzi so he always had the ability to get the parts. They are available but not cheap.

Joey

8. whiz white

Actually, Perazzi does NOT make ANY of these parts. What parts are made, are made in the small "moonlight" shops in Bresica.

That's where we've been trying to get parts out of.

WW

9. Stuart

Stuart Member

Don't panic !!
    We are having made 200 TM ejectors, both early and late. In addition two styles of Top Levers,with engraving, 200 locking blocks, and we have a unlimited supply of springs.I have the two piece Firing pin for that gun for $25 with spring. We already repair the firing pin hole and ribs and also re-build the barrel lugs.We also have in production the coil spring Hammer. That gun will out last us all. Dennis installs a marvelous adjustable rib and with a .740 bore and Series 12 Chokes you have a $9,000 TM9 for half the money.
    Stu Wright
    Wright's inc.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

value/price your guns accordingly. Hah!

On the other hand, what is there to break?

I couldn't sell this gun at $3400 and give away a new Americase with it. Wonder what it is worth now?
    mia_2008_030365.jpg
    This thread is about that 5 ton satellite about to fall to earth, right?

11. whiz white

I just got a call from Perazzi USA this morning and I can now order in some ejectors and cocking rods... and the best part of the deal is that they are prices the same as the MX8 equivalent parts.

They said it will take a month, but that they should be drop-ins for assembly.

Hallelujah!

Ray: THe bridles are the same as the MX8 guns, so they will be available. I always have the coils hammer springs and guide, as they are available as well. It's the hard parts, like iron, housings, etc. that are tough to find.

Whiz

12. JACK

Whiz is a good guy to all of us. Thanks James. But I do have one little problem with my gun that I never knew how to lubricate before.... I'll see if I can get a picture. It is how the cocking rod interacts with its pivot point on the forend iron. I always greased the wrong part. And the gun cocked funny. Since I realized my error the gun has worked thru the re-mating process and cocking fine.

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jack,

Be sure you do not have the cocking rod rotated 180 degrees. I see this quite often. Most of the original factory installed cocking rods have a matching serial number to the gun. When installed into the receiver, the number should not be visiable, the number should be facing the return spring and bushing.

As for lubing...a little dab on the cocking insert located on the forend iron is all thats needed. Place it on the angled surface.

Doug

14. JACK

Pay attention to what Doug is saying here. That was my problem and the dab of grease on that angled part was the ticket to proper function. I received the gun ungreased and the angled part was scraping and hanging up as the gun levered open and closed. Now with the grease, it has broken in and functioning smoothly.

15. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

These guns are nearly bullet proof. The parts that I have needed were available from Giacomo and Perazzi USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
parazzi tm1
perazzi tm-1 reviews

perazzi tm1

perazzi tm1 for sale

perazzi tm1 review
perazzi tm1 trap
perazzi tmx reviews
perazzi tmx shotgun