1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 Release; Who Made It?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. Flinch, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Can somebody tell me who made this TM1 release trigger? My camera had trouble capturing it but there is the letter "R" engraved in front of the trigger guard. I'm considering selling it since I really don't need it but I need to know more about it and an approximate value. Thank you in advance.

Mark

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the R just stands for release, not who made it. I don't recall
    ever seeing that letter to designate who did the conversion. McDaniel was
    the most popular TM-1 release conversion.

3. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I saw one other thread on here about a TM1 release with the R but I can't seem to find it. It was several months ago.

4. braunpro

braunpro TS Member

If you want to sell the TM1 call me at ADDARIB 16313196959 ask for Ray

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Likely it was one of the few that Perazzi ffered. And I think McDaniel made them fr perazzi. Does the hammer have a "nothch in it rather than a cut slot?
    If so, that was a Perazzi. I have one like that.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a McDaniels leaf spring Release for my TMX with "R" on the bottom of the trigger guard. I also have the original coil spring trigger that was converted to a Release using identical Perazzi Parts from their parts list and diagram back in 1982 when my TMX was built. I paid $500 for the McDaniels Release and it is NOT for sale.

7. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

MIA, yes, it is notched. That's why I thought it could be made this way instead of converted. Braunpro, I will call you. I will probably sell it after determining a fair price and if I end up listing it I will post again in the for sale section. Thanks.

Mark

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Obviously you knew that the "R" meant release and wasn't an initial for who made the trigger. I hate myself when I say dumb things like that.

9. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

dickgtax, don't be embarrassed, not a dumb thing to say at all. I ran an ad in the for sale section and it sold immediately. I also meant to post pictures here and didn't notice that I forgot until just now, LOL! Maybe I'm still recovering from the smell of that Dead Mule I just sold!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.