1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 or ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by john g., Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Help Please

I am looking at what is tagged a TM1 Perazzi it has a striped reciever like a MT6 and factory choke tubes. Is this a TM1 or a TMs or? Yes this is ported with 4 slotted ports any Idea of value? Metal 90% wood alot of dings.
    I can not post pictures I do not have it yet.

Thank You All
    John

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Great guns. They are a TM-1, but have been called Comp-4's, TM-4's, TM-1's, pretty much what ever you would like. Father inlaw has one that has a documented million rounds through it, so he says. This is that gun after I refinished the wood and reblued the receiver and trigger assembly. It is a 1976 year of manufacture, and has TM-1 stamped into the receiver. These where the SBT guns that where the sister guns of the MT-6, which where manufactured for the 1976 Olympics in Montreal, Canada. MT-6's had six bars on the receiver, and the TM-4 had four bars. That may have something to do with the various names and numbers for these SBT guns.

As far as value it is hard to determine without seeing the condition. Wood can be fixed. Metal can be reblued. Just is a little more expensive. I would guess around $1600-$1700. Jon
    stlflyn_2010_0704221.jpg

stlflyn_2010_0704222.jpg

3. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

John - From what I have read previously on this forum I believe that what you have described is known as a TM-4. I believe that it is functionally the same as a TM1 and would be valued essentially the same as a TM1 of similar condition as found on this or other sites.

4. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

Some of the striped receiver guns were TMS, others were TM-4 and mabee some TM-1. I don't think I ever saw a striped receiver single barrel without choke tubes.

5. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank You All Again

I knew I could count on the correct information and I got it fast.

Now if I could get some info.on the slotted porting that would be great.

Thanks agian, great site.

john.g.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Slotted porting is going to be Magna-Port, or Angle-Porting by Ballistic Specialties, more than likely. They both do the same thing, but I will keep my opinion to myself as to what. Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.