1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 HELP.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GROUPER7, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Hello all, I am in need of some advise.

I have a TM1 but do not have any experience with this gun. Shot it for the first time over the weekend and did fairly well considering. I noticed that it extracted the shells. Is this normal or has the previous owner modified it? This gun is the model with a coil spring and not a leaf spring. What spare parts should I have on hand just in case?
    Bought the gun on this site and the gentleman that sold it to me was great. So far, I have bought 3 guns from 3 different people and all has gone smoothly and have dealt with some terrific people.

Thanks for the help.

Alex.

P.S.

Happy Thanks Giving.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It has been modified. When you shoot the gun, it should eject the shells. It only raises a shell if it has not been fired.

It most probably can be changed back with a new ejector spring.

Hauxfan!

3. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Thanks for your input Hauxfan. Any idea what I should be looking for without taking the whole thing apart?

Alex.

4. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Maybe the ejector trip rod has been removed. Remove the forend and look at the the left side of the action knuckle. This is where the ejector rod protrudes from the action. It may not be protruding but you can see if the rod is in its recess.

If you're still not sure, remove your trigger group an look inside the action. The rear end of the trip rod should extend about 1/8" from the left side of the frame into the open area vacated by the trigger group.

5. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I will take a close look at the TM1 when I

6. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I will take a close look at the TM1 when I get home tonight and see if the trip rod is where it should be.

Thanks,

Alex.

7. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Hi Mike,

all the parts seem to be there. I need to get an exploded diagram and take the gun apart to see what is what.

Alex.

8. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Grouper...go to Whiz Whites web site. Link is on the main page on TS.com. It will have a schematic and he has all the parts.

Vern

9. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I have the same problem. I have replaced the ejector springs, plungers, ejector plate or sear, ejector spring, pin, etc. and it still doesn't eject. When I put a forearm from a different gun it works just fine, so it's not in the receiver. I wouldn't start buying parts until you discover the problem. Please let me know if you are able to identify the problem.

10. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Thank you all.

I will go to my club this week end and see if I can borrow a trigger group and a fore hand to experiment with and isolate the problem. I will report my findings.

Alex.

11. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

I think I found what the problem is. The ejector trip rod has been taken out of the forehand. Found this L shaped piece in with the allen keys in the case that came with the gun. It's 0.097 in diameter,short side is 0.439 and long side with a flat spot is 3.8 long. Will know for sure once I take the forehand apart.

Alex.

12. mike campbell

If by forehand you mean "forearm", that's not where it goes. That L-shaped rod is what I was referring you to inj my original post. It rides in a trough in the action. The short end projects into the action and is acted upon by the hammer. It needs to be staked in place to work properly.

13. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I guess I should read a bit more carefully. Here are some pictures.

Alex
    grouper7_2011_02021.jpg

grouper7_2011_02022.jpg

grouper7_2011_02023.jpg

14. mike campbell

With the buttstock removed, it needs to be placed in its channel in the action like this....

grouper7_2011_02023.jpg

Then the edge of the channel needs to be "staked", dimpled with a hammer and punch, so the rod is free to slide back and forth but cannot back out of the channel.

15. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Alex, If it looks bent a little, do not try to straighten it. That is how they are. I once cleaned my gun real good and lubed as needed and it stopped ejecting shells.

I could use other gun parts on my frame and all was fine. It just would not work with all mine. I got new ejector rod and installed and still would not work. I then got material and made one a little longer and then a little shorter. I then took it to a gun smith. He filed a little and it ejected a few tines and thought all was well.Went to the club and it would not eject. Shooter thought it was bouncing back and not staying forward, if i remember right.

I decided to just shoot it as was. In a few weeks I guess it got dirty again, at least it started ejecting shells. I never cleaned the ejector area again.

The ejector rod probably was not staked in place and not mentioned. That was most likely the problem. Where would one stake it, if mine should act up again? thanks, Ray

16. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Mike, Ray,
    Thank you for all your help. I have ordered 2 new rods and since I do not know what I am doing, I will get a gunsmith to install the new rod. Worse comes to worse, I will just have to live with the extracting mode.

Thanks again.

Alex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.