1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 from eject to extact?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Jul 19, 2013.

1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

How can I make a Perazzi TM1 just lift the fired shell instead of ejecting it out?

2. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I put my hand over the shell as I open the gun. Then I pluck the empty and drop it in my bag. The ejector works fine but, as near as I can recall, my TM1 has never ejected a shell. Disabling the ejector would make it more difficult to remove the empty.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Remove the ejector trip lever.

4. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I have a Tm-1 also and agree with mike,unless your gun is very tight to open which I doubt.It is essier and quicker to let the hull pop right into your hand.

joe

5. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Put your hand over the empty and catch it.My TM-1 only raises the empty about 1/8 of an inch in the extract mode.Not very much at all.

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I will take your guys advice and leave it alone, My 10 year old grandson will be using it. I thought it would be easier for him to use, but from what I'm hearing here I will show him how to hold his hand over it. Thanks for your replies.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Remove trigger and slide out part number 5110 Ejector Trip Rod. Might be easier with stock off, but it's a no-brainer.

whizwhite_2008_0203369.jpg

Whiz

8. Barry C. Roach

Listen to Whiz. He said it AND illustrated it right. All of my Pguns have the trip rod removed and I manage to remove empties just fine. This will preserve the life of you ejector.

9. mike campbell

Don't know why would I want to preserve the life of my ejector if I never planned to use it.

IMO, disabling the ejector does not make it an extractor gun.

A competent person could probably modify the ejector so that it functions as an extractor, but disabling the ejector altogether does not make it equivalent to an extractor.

10. Duck

Duck Member

Remove coils from the ejector spring until it just poops em out but will not clear the chamber.

11. Barry C. Roach

Campbell. Without the trip rod the ejector still lifts the shell out enough to remove it from the chamber. Since there is no "snap" of the sharp stop just after the empty goes flying, the ejector is preserved.

12. mike campbell

The person posting as Duck just described one way of making an ejector gun function like a true extractor gun. Yes, removing ejector parts will prevent ejection, but the lift is not akin to that provide by an extractor. I'm sure that works for some. Me, I like the full lift provided by a true extractor, which is the same degree of lift I get if I let the ejector pop but stop the empty from leaving the gun.

If I don't want to hear music while driving, I don't have to remove the radio. I just don't turn it on. If I don't want the shell to eject, I don't have to remove the ejector, I just put my hand over the danged thing.

Life don't have to be complicated.