1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 FIRING PIN HELP!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GROUPER7, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Firing pin on my TM1 broke today. Gun is now just about impossible to open more than a few degrees. Took stock off but cannot see any broken parts lodged inside. Does any one have an idea of what may be causing this?
    Thanks for the help.

Alex.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Most likely the front of the broken pin is sticking out the hole. Remove stock, trigger, then drive out firing pin retainer pin to remove the broken firing pin and spring. Hold the gun facing up and try opening gun.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Try what Toolmaker suggests, and if you are unable to remove the barrel, you may have to also remove the top lever and then pry back the Action Block.

With the Action Block out, the barrel will come off.

WW

4. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Thank you. I have been able to remove the barell, taken the trigger group out and changed the pin. I think that a broken piece of the old pin is lodged in the trigger system since I cannot cock the hammer. Ideas??

Thanks.

Alex.

5. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

When you try to cock the hammer back by hand does it move at all?

7. GROUPER7

GROUPER7 Member

Moves slightly.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

whizwhite_2008_0203260.jpg

Remove the front cocking foot pin (#5175) holding the cocking foot (#5164) in place and see if that broken f/p piece is there, or even under the hammer (#5162) itself.

Depending on the hammer spring type (coil or leaf spring), the ease with which it is removed is different, and can be more cumbersome. The coil spring type is shown above #5193, and the guide #5166 are removed as one item. The latter type, leaf spring, is the easiest to remove and reinstall. Without a proper coil hammer spring tool, removing the coil hammer spring can be a task in and of itself, especially reinserting it and its guide back into position.

If you cannot manually pull the hammer back with your hand, then that errant piece is under the hammer or the trigger blade (#5156).

Once the hammer spring is removed, simply drive out the hammer pin (#5175) and remove that too.

My hope is that you have not forced the cocking of the trigger with the gun together. Forcing it could have slightly bent the cocking rod (#5122). Check that in the receiver to make sure it slides back and easily rebounds back to battery.

Tell you what, if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, and no one is available to assist, send the trigger assembly to me via USPS Priority Mail insured, and I will at no charge figure out what is wrong, remove the broken piece if it exists in the trigger, and return to you. Your only cost will be return shipping via Priority Mail insured and any parts that may need replacing. I would keep you apprised of what is happening and should be able to get this in and out same day.

This is the shooting season, so I suspect you do want this solved as quickly as possible and I will honor this.

Whiz (my address is at my above website)

9. dewman

dewman Member

whiz is da man !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.