1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 Ejector

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mikr101, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

The ejector on my TM1 broke this morning, are these parts still available?

[​IMG]

2. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

http://www.swsupply.com this is the guy to call, bet he has it, and a real nice guy to talk to too boot.

3. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

We have them. The cost is $ 110.00 USD including shipping
    We also produce many parts for TM. Contact us if you need them

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Decimamas54, Whiz White, or Gamimalo (sp?) can put you back in business.

5. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Marcello: Are your ejectors radius machined for the shell rim?? Maybe it's just the photo. Tom Stephens

6. Stuart

Stuart Member

Tom, No, Marcello's TM ejectors are nor radius-ed for shell. That is a-part of the installation process. As is the ejector timing and fitting into the mono block. The cam that pulls the ejector back into the void of the mono block also needs timed. Remember this is not a Remington. They are purposely made oversize so to accommodate for wear.
    To my knowledge Marcello is the only scorce for this and TM Coil Spring Hammers. We do carry them in stock.
    Stu Wright

7. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Thanks Stu:

Always had great service from you in the past with my M-12's. When the time comes, I'll contact you.

Tom

8. joehunter

joehunter Member

Giacomo's has them. They need fitted as talked about above. These are factory parts that are still made.

Joey

9. T_Barraza

T_Barraza TS Member

I get all my TM1 parts from "THe Whiz" he is a great guy and always sends the parts promptly. Whiz@swsupply.com or 605-341-4412

10. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Have a talented welder weld yours back together, remove the ejector cocking rod and just use it as a lift. It will never break again. Mine was done going on 3 years and 30k rds. ago.

Buz

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

About 20 years ago, I got a radius cutter that cuts BOTH the shell rim and chamber radius. Some gunsmith may use a forcing cone cutter to cut the chamber radius and this in probably not good. Particularly if they do it by hand and not in a lathe.

My special cutter made by Clymer at that time, and what they told me was that Perazzi's use a special angle for the shell's rim. I thought it really didn't matter, but the tool is slick, and certainly didn't argue with the machinist. It came with several sized bushings that fit down past the chamber tightly IN the barrel which keeps it concentric in the chamber.

God, the last thing you want to do is elongate the chamber when installing one of these.

Years ago they really had to be fitted almost entirely, however, now the genuine Perazzi ones almost always drop in, with only a slight bit of finishing where the ejector slips into the rear of the barrel's monobloc.

FYI.

Whiz

12. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

this is the tool to cut the rim.
    very easy to use

13. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

I want to thank Whiz for his excellent customer service. He has been very helpful and a pleasure to work with finding the correct parts for my gun. Would not hesitate to do business with him again!

Mike

14. whiz white

Well, Stu is not totally correct. I get them from Perazzi and have tons of coil springs? There are some diffent designs of these as well, and Perazzi did not speciffically make it easy to determine which era used what.

Wonder where this came from, as I've been doing this for many, many, many years now.

[​IMG]

Whiz

15. Crunch

Crunch Member

How do you remove the ejector cocking rod?

16. whiz white

Remove screw #5123, being aware that there is a sleeve that this screw goes through, and it sits to the inside of the small coil spring #5177.

The rod *should* easily fall out or be easily (if not bent) pushed out from the front.

WW

17. Crunch

Crunch Member

Thanks Whiz! I'll give it a go.

18. Stuart

Stuart Member

Whiz, You don't have TM1 ejectors on your Perazzi Price list. If you have them and Install them , how much are they.Lucio at Perazzi informed me 2 years ago at the Grand that Perazzi was not going to make any more TM Hammers or Ejectors, Do you have any? How much?
    Stu

19. whiz white

I don't have the TM1 stuff posted very well. Just not enough hours in the day to get to all this. They are $184.02 but with factory shipping figured in they are a few dollars more. Perazzi charges me a MINIMUM of $11.72-$12.92 to ship one tiny little spring or 100 of them. And, if I have a customer down, I try to get them to ship UPS 3-Day which bumps it up to $20. And, I know better, but I usually don't charge my customers the entire amount, but split it with them.

I have offered to fly out there (and drag my guns with me to shoot at a couple of clubs with some of my good customers who've been buggin me to fly) and help Annie and Al set up or redo their shipping system. They use UPS, and man it can take a week to 10 days for ME to get parts; hence my 3-Day UPS desire. I ship damned near everything via USPS. If someone orders from me on Saturday before noon, they can have it in FL, PA, TX, and CA delivered on Monday. My standard charge is $3.09 too, much cheaper than Perazzi and better for my customers.

Not sure what Lucio told you, but several months ago when Brandon Gerlak worked at Perazzi, Azusa, he asked me to put together a "wish list" on all the TM parts I wanted from Italy. I spent time and assembled the wish-list. Brandon called to say that Lucio was not in favor of doing this. I told Brandon we had to because so many shooters are now getting back into shooting the TM's. Anyway, Brandon called to say he sent that order in to Brescia, and I think it got him let go... not 100% sure about that, and if it did, I feel terrible because he really worked with me.

Anyway, long story short; I got the parts, including the ejectors and many other TM parts that were once long gone. Marcello is also supporting the TM guys too.

There are two styles of ejectors, and I honestly never really knew that, but I have a couple here in the parts bin now. And, the current model ejector is now listed on my dealer price lists from Perazzi as a 5203-N; the "N" is for "new."

The wonderful thing about the 5203-N, is that it is nearly a 100% slip-in piece; much different than the older ones which needed quit a bit of fitting. Most of the present 5203-N's drop in and only minor fitting is needed on the rear piece, its fit into the back of the monobloc, and its final shaping of the chamber arc and the brass hull rim. I think this is the thread where I posted the photo of the Clymer Perazzi rim cutter (yup, it's up there, I just looked).

It's damned near 8:00 PM and I need to head for the house - hungry!

Jim White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.