1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 and Competition 1 questons

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Around that same time 1976 I bought a new MX8 for $1500.00 and could have bought a TM1 for $900.00. Sounds cheap but remember wages weren't like today.Both were Ithaca imports.I barely scraped up enough money along with trading 3 guns to make the purchase.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

The comp one was a term used for an O/U, actually an SC-1

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rick, that Comp 1 was an O/U receiver with a top single on it. The true SBT TM receiver was much shallower.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Steve,

The picture above listed as a Comp I is a TM-1. You can see the button on the front of the forend.

When I got involved with the clayshooting sports back in 1980, the gun club manager I worked for at the time would call his TM-1 a CompI.

My understanding that there was a Comp I sgl AND a Comp I O/U.

doug

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I think in the Ithaca era, they might have call TM1 as Comp 1 at one time, but the guns were marked TM.

The Comp 1 as most of us know is an O/U with plain side receiver with scroll engravings, case color.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

In 1974 at the Grand, I won enough money to buy a Competition 1 Single Barrel. That prior May my folks bought me a Comp 1 O/U. In 1975 a friend of mine bought all the TM1's Ithica had left after the Grand. I paid him $600 for mine.

7. mike holland

mike holland Member

What year did the TMS single barrel hit the market in the US ? I traded for one about amonth ago. Mike in NC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.