1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM1 and BT 99 for a left hand shooter.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Subject: Perazzi TM1 (Ithaca import ser# 11XX).
    Browning BT 99 (1974 vintage)

I have a TM1 that I shoot left handed. My son shoots the BT 99, also left handed. As with most guns of this type, the break open thumb lever pushes the wrong way for convenient left handed thumb operation. Is anyone aware of parts or a service that would reverse the direction lever must be pushed to open? (Instead of pushing from left to right, change to a right to left push to open action)?

Thanks, Marc

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have spoken with Perazzi about this since I too am left handed. They say take it the way it is, we are not building a left hand top openeing lever. I certainly enjoyed opening my Ljutic's with the inertia button. Have a Perazzi now and will soon have another Ljutic. About Browning, I have not checked on this but probably they would not have any interest in doing it. Most production line shotguns are delivered the way it is engineered from the factory. I have also spoken with Kreighoff to no avail. Alferman, Ljutic, Seitz and Infinity are about the only ones I know of. Hope this helps, Roy

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Roy,
    Ljutic's are the only gun that I have tried that work well for me as a left hander. I have had three over the years. Although I shot them well from HC, I always thought they were too front heavy with too high a POI for Singles. The P guns feel JUST RIGHT.

If enough lefty's feel this way perhaps an opportunity awaits an enterprising gunsmith.

Thanks for the response, Marc

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You should try a new Pro 3. They feel great. Slimmer forend and not barrel heavy at all. I have a friend that has one for sale with very nice wood and shoots 70%. Most Ljutic's after serial number 2600 were great feeling guns. I flew up and had Al and Nadine build me an Oly rib 33" heavy weight barrel gun that moved perfectly. Wish I had it back, that was 1989. It was serial #2655, still have the paper work. You owe it to yourself to try the Pro 3, Joe designed it. They come with a 700 rib in the back and any POI you want. I prefer 100 to 120% since I am and one eyed. It is a problem finding a left handed Ljutic sometimes, but usually if you search, you can find one. Then it becomes LOP etc. Good luck, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 trap left hand videos
browning bt99 trap left hand
bt-99 for left hand shooter

left hand bt 99

left hand bt-99

left handed bt 99

left handed bt 99 shotgun

tm1 left