1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM-1 Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WS-1, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

My questions have probably been answered before, but after reading everything I could in the archives, I decided to start a thread. I know there are some very knowledgable Perazzi guys here and I have some questions about TM-1s.

-How do you determine age?

-How do you find the serial number?

-How do you figure the choke?

-What does "0800" mean?

-What does "special" mean?

-What do the numbers and symbols on the underside of the barrel mean?

-What are typical LOPs and Drops?

-From when-to-when were they built?

-Are Ithaca/Winchester guns better/ worse/ or the same as newer guns?

-If your Perazzi was broken, who would you send it to for repair?

Thank you very much. Kit Thomas

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Ok I have the first one. Take the barrel off the receiver and look at the markings underneath. The two stamped letters correspond with the year of proof.
    rlc323_2008_03031.jpg

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I will also answer the last one. Giacomo. Link above

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

What does "Special" mean. Typical TM-1 was a fixed choke, non-adjustable trigger for LOP and plain looking receiver and wood. "Special" has mobile chokes, adjustable trigger, channeled receiver sides, nicer wood and maybe adjustable comb(can't remember).

Your next to last question makes no sense, rephrase.

Buz

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Buz,

Thank you for the reply. I guess what I meant was this: were the guns that were imported by Ithaca and Win. of the same quality as the ones built later and distributed by Perazzi. In other words, once Perazzi got up and running and were a stand alone operation, did they build a better gun than they had in the early days.

Your response to the "special" question was very helpful. What does "accials special" mean when inscribed on the underside of the barrel? Also, what does
    "cam 70" mean?

Thanks, Kit

Also, RLC323, THANK YOU! Kit

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wrong on several counts: The TM-1 Special had the P-4 adj Trigger, The screw choked guns were TMSs, and the striped sided ones were TM-4s with or without screw chokes. Accacio special is the type of steel used.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

"Special" on the receiver differentiates guns produced "the original way" from the guns produced using newer methods of manufacture. Specials usually came with P4 adjustable triggers. I don't know the alpha numeric designation for the triggers for the TM platform but they have adjustable trigger LOP as well.

Guns marked "Special" are considered more valuable than the guns produced previously with more hand fitting.

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

The Ithaca Perazzi had a little nicer wood than the Winchester Perazzi.
    Steve Balistreri

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the help so far.

On the flats on the tops of the sidewalls of the receiver are four markings.
    One is a number that I take to be a serial number. One is the model number "TM1". One is "MAP" and one is "0800". Does anybody know what MAP and 0800 means or is a code for? I can't seem to find any Roman numerals or any
    alpha-sequencing anywhere on the gun.

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The "alpha" markings indicating date will be found on the bottom of the mono block under the barrel.

Ithaca and Winchester were just the importers. The guns were still made by Perazzi and there should be no difference between them and guns marked with Perazzi USA on them.

Euro Joe said that the stripped receivers were TM-4s, but I have a firend that has a stripped receiver and it's a TM-1. I know because it's stamped on the receiver as such. Perazzi has made a million different variations of their guns over the years. It would be hard to make any blanket statements about them. At least that's my experience. Just when I think I have a handle on different Perazzi models, I see one that doesn't fit the mold.

Actually that's one of the things that has me intrigued by the Perazzi line. I can buy ten TM-1 guns and they will all be different in some tiny way.

11. twopipe

twopipe Member

my striped receiver gun has TM-1 on it too.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Don't try to figure out Perazzi. They'll drive you nuts. Lots of variations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.