1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM 1 facts...?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by droptine, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

I have been looking for a nice TM 1 for some time now. I had a chance to shoot one and really liked it. I know exactly zip about Perazzis and all the different makes and models. What I am wondering is...are the older Tm 1's more desireable/dependable or just the opposite? What should I look for? Anything you could tell me about them would really help. I have been looking at a really nice one...numbers on inside of receiver are a small 0800 followed by a stamped 3622. The othe side says "map TM 1". Any help/advice will really be appreciated.
    Thanks, Eric

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have 3 TM-1's #330,431 & 6870(TMX). I have put no less than 250,000 through the TMX since new in the mid '70 s. Giacomo has replace the locking lever and locking bolt 3 times in this gun. The 2 old ones are retired but had 100,000 through one of them similar service. I have Giacomo check mine every year at the Grand. The weak link on these guns is the extractor/ejector. If you have a competent gunsmith weaken/shorten the springs for the ejector you will never break one. If not $200 every couple of years. Early untouched guns will have very tight chokes, I would suggest having one of the better barrel tuners do the barrel to lower recoil and improve patterns.(Tom Wilkinson, Ken Eyster or Kerry Allor). Do not accept an open choke to be done by one of the above unless you see the reciept. 0800??? on all of them. MAP= Manufactur Armi Perazzi. The other is the serial # also on bbl and forearm iron. You will love this gun in time. There are plenty of parts available even though it hasn't been made in years.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

John, that was very informative for me also. I have always wondered about some things and you answered them.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Do not accept an open choke to be done by one of the above unless you see the reciept. 0800??? on all of them.

Can you explain this a little better

5. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Droptine,
    I have a very nice TM1L for sale. They only made a few of these guns. The gun was bought new in 1995 or 1996 I think. It has Eyesters competition choke in the barrel. I do not have the paperwork, but I called Heritage and gave them the original owners name and the serial number on the gun. They told me how well the gun patterned after they were done. Drop the xxx from the above and email me if you have any interest. I can give you all of the details on the gun as well as price and pictures. Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Because the arthritis in my hands does not like the breech lever (trigger guard) on my Alfermann and my old body doesn't like the 10 & 1/2 lb. weight I bought a TM-1. It has a .044 fixed choke which I like from 27 yds, but it's kind of tight from the 16. I'm breaking a lot of 25's from the fence...something I hadn't done for a while. Something John didn't mention is that all the Ithaca imports and the first few Winchester imports have parallel ribs (same width breech to muzzle). Later guns had tapered ribs (smaller at the muzzle). Both are good. It's just a preference thing. If you shoot a release trigger, there are a number of good ones out there. I like the Hal "Skeet" Sammons leaf spring model. It's dependable, quick and consistent. Check the bbl. inner dimensions on a gun before you buy it. Untouched bbl. dimensions will be around .727 and .683 choke. If it's other than that, insure a reputable smith changed it. Enjoy!

Buz

7. droptine

droptine TS Member

Could anyone tell me when TM 1 serial # 3622 was manufactured?
    Thanks, Eric

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Look on the underside of the barrel monobloc for a square with 2 alphabet letters in it. This represents the proof date year and the website shown above for Italy will tell what year the barrel was proof tested. My TMX and MX-3 O/U both have AI and were made in 1982.

9. droptine

droptine TS Member

AA on this TM 1, which means 1975. Neat site. thanks

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Cubancigar,
    Tom Seitz has been dead along time, there are guns stamped CC Seitz that were mfg. after Tom died. Thus, get a receipt for the bbl. being done no matter if it is stamped or not. The stamping 0800 appears on all TM's and I have no idea what it means.

11. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

john thompson, i have a tm1 #1630 (ithaca import) and it has no 0800
    on it

12. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

I have a Tm1 #2433 (Ithaca import) and it has 0800 on it, also it has another mark (ACCIALC SPECIAL) on bottom of barrel.

13. Mojo

Mojo Member

You guys got me with a magnifying glass out checking out my old TMX which I have owned for 20 years. The square box has AH stamped in it. The number
    is 8277. Any idea what year it was born?

Thanks-
    Mike

14. Mojo

Mojo Member

OK - spent a few hours searching for info on Perazzi stock markings. Check this out: http://www.gmgunparts.com/punzoni.php. My gun has 18.5 stamped
    on it. That is the bore dimension in mm. CAM.70 = 2 3/4" chamber. MAP is Manufact.Arms Perazzi.( close enough ). Acciaio is steel in italian. KG= the weight of the barrel.

Life is good...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

accialc special ribs

accialc special shootgun ribs

facts in tm1