1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TM 1 Ejector to Extractor SUCCESS !!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Thanks to all to offered advise. I was still a little confused but I thought I would give it a try so off I trotted, barrel in hand to my work bench to play it by ear. I'm glad I did. This is a gun I bought used and it has been around a while. Ithaca import. Sometime it was hard to open after I fired a shell. Now I know why. The ejector assembly that slides into the groove,fore and aft, in the lower part of the monoblock was binding. I really had to tap tap tap to get it out. I did some light file work and got it where it would slide smoothly back and forth. I think it will cure my hard opening problem. I got the whole thing put back together without loosing anything and of course it still kicks the shells out but with less vigor. I cut off 3 turns of each ejector spring. I'll try it a while, catching the hulls in the palm of my hand which should be a lot easier since I don't have to bend the gun over my knee to break it open. If I want to cut a few more turns off the springs it should take me about 5 minutes next time. Thanks all. gyrine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.