1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Titewad Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldsj, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsj

oldsj TS Member

Am switching from Clays Powder to Titewad (Clays not available). Hodgen reloading manual is not specific enough using my primer shell wad combinations. I use STS Hulls, Ceddite Primers, Downrange or Windjammer Wads, for 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads. I need more specific information about the proper powder charge using the above components. Anyone out there who can help?

oldsj

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I got my Titewad info from www.Hodgdon.com and a few recipes are printed on the container. I do use the Cheddite as a direct replacement for the Win.209 though. Its a great powder.

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Here's the Hodgdon website. It usually has what I need, although you might not find Cheddite data. Jennifer

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The pressures can get quite high very quickly using 1 1/8 oz of shot. Choose your load carefully.

Titewad is a great 7/8 and 1 oz powder. I always felt that it gets a little "punchy" when used for anything else.

ss

5. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Use care,,I followed the manuel, loaded some 1 1/8 in STS/Gold hulls. Book called for 18.5 grains, for 1200 fps,,,it turned to be 1415 fps. I went back to 17.5, does a good job for me.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading with titewad powder

titewad powder

titwad powder loads recieoe