1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Titewad powder loads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I just recently purchased an assortment of loading components for half price from a skeet shooter who quit. He had 17 lbs of Titewad and I was wondering if any of you chaps have any pet loads. I have not seen this particular type talked about so I am seeking some advise. For 50.00 for 8 lbs I will find a good load. Also had 4000 wads that were unfortunately 1 1/8. But I forgot to mention that I also got a super buy on 15 25lb bags of shot. So suggestions for 1oz, my preference, and 1 1`/8 . Thanks striper

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

18.0 for 1 oz in WW and STS hulls, 18.5 in Federal.

HM

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I loaded a couple hundred pounds of it. A nice clean powder. for 1 oz I liked 17 grains with a AA or clone wad in AA hulls. For 1 1/8 bump up to 17 1/2. use a win 209 or equivilent primer.

Jim

4. leadvail

leadvail Member

I use the following for Titewad 1 1/8 :

STS hull , w209 , WJ , 17.6 gr. , 1 1/8 oz. 8.5 for singles. ( IC choke )

AA hull , w209 , C-B 1118 , 17.9 gr. 1 1/8 oz. 8 for caps untill I got to the 27
    ( LM choke )
    ( Now for Caps I use FGM hulls and clays w / 7 1/2 for more speed and IM choke )

They are great loads without that much recoil .

Bob S.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I got 2 lbs when first bought my loader, worked nice. I loaded some STShull TGT12 wad 16.4 grains 1oz shot very soft great for 16 to 20 yards crushes targets for me, Tightwad is not common around here. Clays and red dot, I like the clays better.

6. leadvail

leadvail Member

I live in Leadville and shoot all winter here with no problems with 1 1/8 oz. Titewad loads .

I use 18.0 Clays for my wifes 1 oz. loads with WJ ll because Titewad data was lacking . Sounds like I made a good choice .

I heard 17.5 - 18 gr. Red Dot and WJ ll's good .

Bob

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Captin, theres not many options for Win209 and 1oz. They all seem fast 1290 or so. What is it your looking for. What kinda of load are you trying to get?

8. prairiedog

prairiedog Member

I've been using Tightwad for over a year now and really like it in the following 1 oz load: Rem STS hull, 17 grains Tightwad, Win 209 or Nobel Sport primer, #8 shot, pink CB 1100-12 (WAA12SL clone) wad. Runs about 1200 fps, 9600 psi. I use it for singles and caps (22 yds). The data for this load is in Hodgdon's manual or on their website.

9. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Try going to the Hogdon web site and get some info there. They have a good listing for the Titewad and various combinations of components. I've used it for over 4 years and no problems at all. Across my chrony it averages 1180 fps. I'm thowing 16.3 grs, green duster wads, Rem. gun clubs or STS and Rem primers. Hope you find a good one.
    Bill

10. willing

willing Member

Try some 1 oz loads with those 1 1/8 wads. You cam sometimes adjust the wad pressure and get a decent crimp.
    Bill

11. leadvail

leadvail Member

Willing ,

What 1 1/8 wads do you use with titewad ? Ive tried C-B 1118 and 1 1/8 WJ and the hulls are dished in too much and the pellets fall out with using no wad pressure .

The WJ 1 oz. load is also in Hodgdons data , so that shows you all their loads don't work for everybody .

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
favorite titewad loads
load for aa hulls titewad powder
tightwad powder trap loads
tightwad shotgun powder
titewad and green duster wads

titewad loads

titewad shotgun loads
using rem tgt12wads with titewad powder