1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Titewad Powder good or bad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzidb81, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzidb81

perazzidb81 Member

I am thinking of loading Hodgdon Titewad Powder. What are your opinions on the powder?

Tom Still

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

We have been there, do a search

ed

3. BerettaJ

BerettaJ Member

The only powder I use, been using it for 5 years or so. John

4. ABH

ABH Member

Excellent powder for light loads at slower speeds. It's the fastest powder Hodgden makes. Clean burning also.

ART H.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I've burned many pounds of it. My ONLY complaint is the flakes are so tiny they tend to dribble out around your charge bar and make a mess. I took a piece of clear plastic, mylar or whatever like document dividers are made of, and punched a hole in it slightly larger than the powder hole in my Mec charge bar. Cut it to fit the bar around the hole and glued it around the exit hole. About 2 1/2" or so long. That piece of material riding between the bar housing bottom and bar has completely stopped that powder leakage and never been a bit of problem. I did this on both my 1 oz and 7/8 oz bar and both work fine. You would think it would ball up or something but that material is tough and slick and it just slides in there.

6. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

I really like it for 1 oz loads. Works especially good for the new AA hulls. Of course I just use those because they can be picked up for free.

7. oz

oz Active Member

I used it when I could not get clays. I like it and it is more economical than clays. Last time I bought powder I could not get titewad so I went back to clays.

8. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

9. perazzidb81

perazzidb81 Member

Thanks for the feedback I think I will have to try it. Wireguy thanks for the tip!

10. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I've been using it for STS/Nitro/Gun Clubs in place of the more expensive Clays and it works GREAT. Windjammer and fig 8's. Hoping to try downrange yellow hybrid 8 petal figure 8's on my next wad purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how good is hodgdon titewad gun powder

how good is titewad