1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Titegroup powder in Gold Medal hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 27-T, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 27-T

27-T Member

Hodgdon does NOT have any load data for Titegroup powder in the Federal Gold Medal plastic or paper hull, but has anyone done any experimenting with the combination in both 1oz. and 1 1/8 oz. loads? I know that some fellows on this site have the equipment to develope experimental loads. If anyone has any data, I would appreciate their input and opinions.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Probably not bulky enough for either case. Better stick to the old standbys like Red Dot!!

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Should you go to the Federal premium ammunition website, then to shotshell loading, you will find a load for the Federal; Top Gun hull, it is 19 1/2 grains of Titegroup powder, 12 S 3 wad, Federal 209A primer, =1255 fps at 10,300 psi hope tis helps, incinerate em!

4. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Not to say it's not there, but I went to the Fed Prem Ammo website, then to the Shotshell reloading data with Gold Medal 2 3/4" and saw no Tight Group data for the 1200 fps, or 1255 fps loads. I wish I did. It was my first time there, and I'm glad they put a little info out for reloaders.

I just reread your post, I looked at Gold Medal data, not Top Gun Data, I'll look again for the Tight Group info for Top Gun's.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can load both hulls the same this came from Federal.

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

Shooter R try again, Federal premium shotshell loading data, secomd set of data down, VERY clear data on the Top Gun loading data with Titegroup powder in Top Guns. incinerate em!

7. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

You are correct, sir!!!

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Ok, where are you guys finding this Titegroup data? I looked here with no luck

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP294_ShotshellReloadingData.pdf

** Edit, I just saw it in the "Hunting Loads" section but not the Gold Medal sections. Shoot I was hoping to find TG loads for plastic or papers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
federal gold plastic hull
reloading data for titegroup powder in federal gold medal hulls
reloading federal gold medal hulls with titewad
titegroup for hulls
titegroup for shotsheels
titegroup shotshell loads

titegroup shotshell reloading data